Senior Software Enginner
Are you an engineer looking to make a meaningful impact on the world?
Xesto, a high-tech computer vision startup based in Toronto, is revolutionizing the retail industry with our groundbreaking technology. We're turning smartphones into high-precision 3D scanners to help tens of thousands of shoppers get the perfect size in footwear and accessories from the comfort of their homes.
Our innovative work has been recognized by Canadian Business Magazine, naming us one of Canada’s Most Innovative Companies, and was named the Footwear Innovation of the Year award by Draper's Footwear Awards. We work closely with world-leading brands to provide their customers with the most cutting-edge experiences.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the industry and push the limits of what's possible. Join us in our mission to create revolutionary technology that changes the way people shop and live. The future is here, and we want you to be a part of it.
Are you ready to take on the challenge of being a lead software engineer for a fast-growing startup?
Xesto is looking for a senior software engineer who can bring fresh ideas from all areas to the table. You will work with cutting-edge technologies in information retrieval, distributed computing, system design, networking, data storage, security, artificial intelligence, UI design, and iOS engineering, and the list goes on.
As a self-motivated and creative problem-solver, you will be responsible for developing and launching new software products, as well as enhancing existing products on all ends of the system (backend, frontend and mobile). You will work closely with a highly innovative team to build large-scale applications and frameworks that push the limits of what's possible.
Your leadership skills and outstanding communication abilities will be key in guiding the team towards success. At Xesto, we value teamwork and collaboration, so if you're a demonstrated team-player, we want you on our team! Join us and be part of an exciting journey as we change the retail industry for good.
- Develop and maintain backend services using Python and related frameworks such as Flask, Bottle, etc.
- Design and maintain SQL and NoSQL databases to support user data-management and authentication.
- Develop and maintain iOS applications using SwiftUI and other iOS frameworks like UIKit
- Integrate with backend services using RESTful APIs and maintain a high level of quality and security.
- Strike a good balance between development and testing, ensuring the highest level of quality in our products.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and frameworks to tackle new and diverse challenges. As a start-up we will touch a broad range of technologies and programming languages.
- Strong knowledge of Python and experience in developing backend services.
- Expertise in SQL and NoSQL databases to manage user data and authentication.
- Expertise in iOS development using SwiftUI and other frameworks such as UIKit.
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality software products and services.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with other team members.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently in a remote work environment.
As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of technologies and programming languages, and collaborate with other talented engineers to develop and maintain our cutting-edge products and services. If you are a passionate and self-driven engineer looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity, we want you to apply for this exciting Senior Software Engineer position.