Senior Embedded Engineer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2023
Waabi, founded by AI pioneer and visionary Raquel Urtasun, is an AI company building the next generation of self-driving technology. With a world class team and an innovative approach that unleashes the power of AI to “drive” safely in the real world, Waabi is bringing the promise of self-driving closer to commercialization than ever before. Waabi is backed by best-in-class investors across the technology, logistics and the Canadian innovation ecosystem.
With offices in Toronto and San Francisco, Waabi is growing quickly and looking for diverse, innovative and collaborative candidates who want to impact the world in a positive way.
To learn more visit: www.waabi.ai
- Lead the development, optimization, and validation of firmware for all peripherals on new hardware platforms.
- Collaborate closely with hardware and systems teams to ensure seamless integration of firmware.
- Architect, implement and maintain safe, reliable and robust code using industry-best practices.
- Optimize firmware for performance, reducing memory usage and ensuring real-time responsiveness.
- Conduct rigorous testing, debugging, and validation activities to identify and resolve issues on bench and in-vehicle.
- Implement ARM Trusted Firmware components for secure boot and FOTA (Firmware Over-the-Air).
- Proficient with industry-standard software engineering tools such as Git, Jenkins.
- Ensure comprehensive documentation for firmware design, code, and development processes.
- Stay informed on latest trends in firmware development, ensuring our solutions remain cutting-edge and in line with industry best practices.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience in embedded firmware development.
- Strong technical experience with C and Python.
- Proficient in C++ programming for embedded systems.
- Solid experience with embedded Linux development, including tools like Buildroot and Yocto.
- Familiarity with Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS) and device drivers.
- Knowledge of peripherals/protocols such as 10/100 Ethernet, DDR, I2C, SPI, UART, MIPI, CSI, GPIO, I2S, LVDS, USB, etc.
- Experience with PTP and Time Sensitive Networking.
- Familiarity with boot trust zone and ARMv8 architecture.
- Ability to understand board's schematic and data sheets for accurate hardware-software interfacing.
- Ability to integrate third-party software and middleware components into the BSP.
- Proficient with lab tools such as bench power supplies, multimeter, oscilloscope, logic analyzer.
- Open-minded and collaborative team player with the willingness to help others.
- Passionate about self-driving technologies, solving hard problems, and creating innovative solutions.
- Experience using Rust programming language.
- Skills in optimizing firmware for system initialization and power management in automotive applications.
- Experience in bring up of high speed interfaces like 10G-T1, PCIe, GMSL2, MIPI/CSI, and TDM.
The US yearly salary range for this role is: $ 179,000 - $247,000 USD in addition to competitive perks & benefits. Waabi (US) Inc.’s yearly salary ranges are determined based on several factors in accordance with the Company’s compensation practices. The salary base range is reflective of the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Note: The Company provides additional compensation for employees in this role, including equity incentive awards and an annual performance bonus.
Waabi provides a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive compensation and equity awards
- Premium choices for Health and Wellness benefits that include Medical, Vision and Dental coverage
- Unlimited Vacation
- Flexible hours and Work from Home support
- Daily drinks, snacks and catered meals (when in office)
- Regularly scheduled team building activities and social events
- As we grow, this list continues to evolve!
Waabi is a technology start-up building technologies to transform the way the world moves. Join our talented team to be a part of the future and to make an impact!
Waabi is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a supportive, inclusive, and accessible workplace for all our employees. We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, age, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military or veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, caregiver status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We make workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know.