Senior / Staff Software Engineer, System Performance Optimization
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2023
Waabi, founded by AI pioneer and visionary Raquel Urtasun, is an AI company building the next generation of self-driving technology. With a world class team and an innovative approach that unleashes the power of AI to “drive” safely in the real world, Waabi is bringing the promise of self-driving closer to commercialization than ever before. Waabi is backed by best-in-class investors across the technology, logistics and the Canadian innovation ecosystem.
With offices in Toronto and San Francisco, Waabi is growing quickly and looking for diverse, innovative and collaborative candidates who want to impact the world in a positive way. To learn more visit: www.waabi.ai
- Measure and optimize the performance of our on-vehicle software stack, including macro-optimization including data flow optimization, thread scheduling and resource allocation, as well as micro-optimization of Rust, C++ and CUDA code.
- Collaborate with autonomy development teams to help optimize the latency and resource utilization of their modules in order to improve system-level performance.
- Framework development and improvements.
- Support with feature design and integration.
- Be part of a team of multidisciplinary Engineers and Research Scientists using an AI-first approach to enable safe self-driving at scale.
- Bachelors, Masters or PhD with a minimum of 3 years of industry experience in Computer Science, Robotics and/or similar technical field(s).
- Proficiency profiling and optimizing code in C / C++ on a Linux bare-metal or containerized platform.
- Strong understanding of software architecture and development practicesExperience working in large multi-language codebases.
- Hands on experience in optimizing variable code.
- Experience with a variety of build systems, compilers and profiling tools.
- Open-minded and collaborative team player with the willingness to help others.
- Passionate about self-driving technologies, solving hard problems, and creating innovative solutions.
Bonus/nice to have:
- Experience with Rust, CUDA, SIMD/AVX instructions, Linux kernel internals, cross-language bindings, machine learning inference frameworks.
- Experience in autonomous vehicle or other robotics industries.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
The US yearly salary range for this role is: $141,000 - $242,000 USD in addition to competitive perks & benefits. Waabi (US) Inc.’s yearly salary ranges are determined based on several factors in accordance with the Company’s compensation practices. The salary base range is reflective of the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Note: The Company provides additional compensation for employees in this role, including equity incentive awards and an annual performance bonus.
- Competitive compensation and equity awards.
- Health and Wellness benefits encompassing Medical, Dental and Vision coverage (for full-time employees only).
- Unlimited Vacation.
- Flexible hours and Work from Home support.
- Daily drinks, snacks and catered meals (when in office).
- Regularly scheduled team building activities and social events both on-site, off-site & virtually.
- As we grow, this list continues to evolve!
Waabi is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating a supportive, inclusive, and accessible environment for all employees. We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, age, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military or veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, caregiver status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We make workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know.