Physical Integration Lead
United States · Canada · Mexico
Posted on Saturday, September 30, 2023
We’re looking for best in class engineers to join our existing top-notch team. When you join Untether AI, you will be part of the team that creates innovative hardware and delivers industry leading AI performance and efficiency. Utilizing non Von Neumann techniques, you will help propel sustainable AI inference.
As part of this talented team of engineers, you are able to - and are excited to - architect, implement, verify and productize custom hardware designs. Being on our team means collaborating with an extremely bright group of people while tackling tough and interesting problems at the intersection of AI and hardware.
Manage and provide technical leadership to our physical integration team.
- Drive programs from technology exploration and early floorplans through to tapeout
- Help source technology and choose ASIC and Packaging partners
- Provide technical input to the architectural decision process
- Drive physical implementation from early PD experiments through signoff
- Manage Physical Design and Packaging teams
- Lead and grow our physical design team
- Lead and grow our advanced packaging, chiplet, and D2D team
- Manage suppliers and partners who provide PD and packaging services
- Drive the long term strategic plan to grow our internal capabilities in these areas
- Mentor the engineers on the team and help them grow in their careers
- Create and enforce the use of automated, correct-by-design workflows and processes
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 10+ years of experience in ASIC Physical Design
- 5+ years of experience in technical management or relevant leadership roles
- Has lead successful tapeouts in advanced technology nodes
- Has chiplet, die2die, CoWoS, EMIB, or similar experience
- Strong theory of operation for physical design teams: has built workflows and processes that are automatic, repeatable, auditable, and produce reliably correct results on A0
- Strong track record of building schedules and driving to schedule
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
What are some of the perks that you will receive being part of Untether AI?
- Aligned to Untether’s philosophy, our employees enjoy the same perks, regardless of role or level. In part, these include:
- 20 vacation days
- Strong health and extended health benefits
- Unlimited sick days
- Stock options
- Building chips and software that will change the world
Thinking about applying?
- We’re a pretty welcoming bunch of people. If we’ve piqued your interest, you’re passionate about the same things we are but you aren’t sure if you check all the boxes, please apply anyway. We’re a great place to work, an even better place to learn and we focus on both capability and potential!
A little bit more about Untether AI
Untether AI has developed a groundbreaking new architecture that brings neural net inference to new levels of performance and efficiency. We’ve already sold our product to smart clients who want to get in at ground zero. We’ve done this while continuing to improve our technology creating ultra-efficient, high performance AI chips that eliminates the data movement bottleneck that costs energy and performance in traditional architectures. We’re a team made up of scientists, engineers and entrepreneurs and have the support of tier one investors. We recently received $125 million in our series B funding round which enables us to expand our customer engagements, enhance our software offering, and build the next generation of industry leading AI inference products. Join us to be part of something big - a chance to create the future of AI.