Early Productization Engineer
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2023
We’re looking for best in class engineers to join our existing top-notch team. When you join Untether AI, you will be part of a team that designs, develops and verifies the software that interacts with our chip, collaborating with our hardware engineers and with fellow software engineers in the process. By creating software that fully realizes the capabilities of the hardware, you will help get AI inference to the general populace.
As part of this exceptional team, you are able to - and get excited by - identifying functional/performance bottlenecks and how to alleviate them in order to achieve scalable and reliable software. You excel in an environment with complex software and hardware designs.
The early productization team works at the frontiers of AI technologies including areas such as large language model generative AI, autonomous vehicles, and next generation silicon. As a member of the early productization team your work would be varied. Depending on the day you might find yourself:
- Researching a hot new emerging AI space to understand what role our technology has to play,
- Facing unique technical challenge requiring innovative ideas and proof-of-concept development to solve,
- Writing early production quality software to solve specific customer needs, OR
- Working with our silicon architecture teams to help define our next generation products.
Whatever the task, you can rest assured that it is of critical importance, requires innovative thinking and will help shape the future of Untether AI. If you are a self driven generalist capable of working at the intersection of software and hardware then this job might be right for you!
- Computer science, engineering or related degree
- 5+ years of experience
- Creative problem solver, passionate about solving hard problems
- Strong C++ development skills required
- Experience with tuning and optimizing code for high performance
- Master or PhD in Computer science, engineering or related field
- Experience delivering high performance software to production
- Working hardware knowledge (architecture, circuits, RTL) a plus
- Familiarity with neural net frameworks
- Strong communication skills
What are some of the perks that you will receive being part of Untether AI?
- Aligned to Untether’s philosophy, our employees enjoy the same perks, regardless of role or level. In part, these include:
- 20 vacation days
- Strong health and extended health benefits
- Unlimited sick days
- Stock options
- Building chips and software that will change the world
Thinking about applying?
- We’re a pretty welcoming bunch of people. If we’ve piqued your interest, you’re passionate about the same things we are but you aren’t sure if you check all the boxes, please apply anyway. We’re a great place to work, an even better place to learn and we focus on both capability and potential!
A little bit more about Untether AI
- Untether AI has developed a groundbreaking new architecture that brings neural net inference to new levels of performance and efficiency. We’ve already sold our product to smart clients who want to get in at ground zero. We’ve done this while continuing to improve our technology creating ultra-efficient, high performance AI chips that eliminates the data movement bottleneck that costs energy and performance in traditional architectures. We’re a team made up of scientists, engineers and entrepreneurs and have the support of tier one investors. We recently received $125 million in our series B funding round which enables us to expand our customer engagements, enhance our software offering, and build the next generation of industry leading AI inference products. Join us to be part of something big - a chance to create the future of AI.