Associate Director PPM
Valo Health is a technology company that is integrating human-centric data and AI-powered technology to accelerate the creation of life-changing drugs for more patients faster. Valo was created with the belief that the drug discovery and development process can and should be faster and less expensive, with a much higher probability of success. We are using models early to fail less often, executing clinical trials to add valuation to the company, and generating fit-for-purpose data to feed back into Valo’s Opal Computational Platform™ as we reinvent drug discovery and development from the ground up. Disease doesn’t wait, so neither can we.
We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts in science, technology, and pharmaceuticals united in our mission to achieve better drugs for patients faster. Valo is committed to hiring diverse talent, prioritizing growth and development, fostering an inclusive environment, and creating opportunities to bring together a group of different experiences, backgrounds, and voices to work together. We achieve the widest-ranging impact when we leverage our broad backgrounds and perspectives to accelerate a new frontier in health. Valo seeks to become the catalyst for the pharmaceutical industry and drive the digital transformation of the industry. Are you ready to join us?
About the Role...
The Associate Director of Portfolio & Program Management will work hand-in-hand with Therapeutics Research Program and Project Leads to ensure strategic and operational excellence across a portfolio of discovery drug development programs and projects.
They will own responsibility for planning, tracking, and reporting progress against key program artifacts, such as budget, resources, risks, and milestones, and share responsibility with the Program Lead for driving alignment through crisp data-driven decision-making and ensuring development of fully fleshed-out program plans while maintaining a high-performing team environment.
What You'll Do...
- Coordinate and drive strategic planning activities for the program team, including development of the program plan, budget, resourcing, timeline, and milestones.
- Work closely with the Program Lead to maximize program team effectiveness through active facilitation of meetings, driving alignment through data-driven decision-making, and cultivation of a positive team environment.
- Document, track, communicate, and drive program progress through utilization of project management tools and best practices.
- Issue reports communicating program status, risks, and progress and present finding to senior management on a regular basis.
- Lead other cross functional projects (strategic and/or operational) as required by PPM.
- Reinforce team operating principles to maximize alignment within the team, across functions, and across teams.
- Contribute to the growth and development of the Portfolio & Program Management team
What You Bring...
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences or related field; MS or MBA is preferred
- 5+ years of cross-functional program management experience
- 5+ years of drug development experience in a pharmaceutical environment
- Strong knowledge and understanding of drug discovery and development
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex cross functional teams and processes
- Ability to manage and lead empowered teams to operate with high standards
- Strong understanding and competency in planning processes and decision making
- Demonstrated experience using standard program management tools and software encompassing timeline, budget, resource, and risk management; experience in several methodologies preferred (Waterfall, Agile, etc.)
- Ability to translate strategies into tangible deliverables
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills including negotiation, managing meeting and group dynamics, ability to balance concerns of line management with objectives of cross functional teams
- Strong analytical and decision-making ability, ability to synthesize complex and diverse inputs to a program, and recommended solutions/preferred options
- Excellent communication, organizational skills, and ability to prioritize and multitask
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent proficiency is a plus
More on Valo
Valo Health, Inc (“Valo”) is a technology company built to transform the drug discovery and development process using human-centric data and artificial intelligence-driven computation. As a digitally native company, Valo aims to fully integrate human-centric data across the entire drug development life cycle into a single unified architecture, thereby accelerating the discovery and development of life-changing drugs while simultaneously reducing costs, time, and failure rates. The company’s Opal Computational Platform™ is an integrated set of capabilities designed to transform data into valuable insights that may accelerate discoveries and enable Valo to advance a robust pipeline of programs across cardiovascular metabolic renal, oncology, and neurodegenerative disease. Founded by Flagship Pioneering and headquartered in Boston, MA, Valo also has offices in Lexington, MA, and New York. To learn more, visit www.valohealth.com.