Front-end Developer (Drupal)
Smile Train is changing the world one smile at a time. Our goal is to transform the life of every person impacted by a cleft lip or palate. We train and support doctors and medical professionals to provide free, life-changing comprehensive cleft treatment to our beneficiaries. Our sustainable model has allowed us to reach 1.5 million children in 90+ countries to date and we’re just getting started. We are truly changing the world one smile at a time.
Smile Train is looking for exceptional people to join a world-wide team of dedicated, passionate, professionals. Our team are creative and highly motivated individuals working to make a positive impact. Come join us!
Smile Train is looking for an up-and-coming, passionate, forward-thinking, Front-End Developer to join our Development team. If you love creating beautiful, well-performing, responsive web pages, then this could be the right opportunity for you. As a member of the Web team, you will be working closely with different product stakeholders to deliver technical solutions to complex problems across our global landscape. The Front-End Developer will be critical in implementing interactive pages across diverse Content Management Systems within a small but specialized team. Those with both creativity and best-practice experience are encouraged to apply.
The Front-end Developer will report to the Senior Director, Digital Innovation. This is a full-time role based at our headquarters in New York City, starting as soon as possible.
Note: This is a hybrid role, and the COVID-19 vaccine is required for all US-based employees, except in the case of approved medical or religious exemption.
- Collaborate with other teams to assist in launching web content associated with marketing initiatives.
- Update, test, and maintain web properties to ensure mobile, accessibility, and cross-browser compatibility
- Conduct quality assurance (QA) testing for content accuracy and website functionality
- Create wireframes, user flows, mockups, and prototypes to help guide design and functionality.
- Self-motivated, able to anticipate/highlight project needs and work autonomously
- Good working knowledge of React/Vue JS
- Good working knowledge of Twig
- Experience with GIT and the Git-flow workflow
- Proficiency with at least one content management system (Drupal preferred) and the ability to modify/extend templates and site functionality.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Responsive web Design (framework/custom)
- Adobe Photoshop / Adobe XD
- Proficient in Office Products
Smile Train believes that a workforce made up of people from diverse social, racial, economic, and cultural backgrounds results in a dynamic workplace and enhances the important work that we do. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion or creed, alienage or citizenship status, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, marital/familial status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristics, sexual and reproductive health decisions, military status, domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We strongly encourage candidates from all groups and communities to apply.
To be considered, please submit a resume and a cover letter that describes why you believe you would be a good fit for Smile Train and this role.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, but we encourage interested applicants to apply as soon as possible.