Technical Support Specialist (Remote - Canada)
IT, Customer Service
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
What if you could personally impact the future of healthcare? As part of the PocketHealth team, you will enable hospitals and clinics across North America — and more importantly, empower over a million patients — to discover a better healthcare experience.
PocketHealth is a patient-centric platform that enables hospitals and clinics across North America to share imaging records digitally with patients, instantly and securely. Through our platform, we enable patients to be active and engaged participants in their own care, and take control of their care journey. In addition to image sharing, which is the heart of the PocketHealth platform, we’ve grown our core functionality to enable sharing between hospitals and physicians, as well as instant image retrieval and automated importing capability. PocketHealth is a unified image management solution for over 500 hospitals and clinics across North America. We believe that by placing patients at the center of the record release process, data moves more ethically, easily and securely throughout the care journey, and we’re looking for passionate individuals to help make this vision a reality for millions more patients across North America.
About us & the role
PocketHealth is looking for a Technical Support Specialist to provide technical support and handle urgent escalation from patients or providers in a production environment with high-volume transaction traffic as part of the Technical Services team. In this role, you will work closely with all stakeholders including customers, account managers, technical services and the management team.
Our TS team are troubleshooting experts. They know that sometimes you need to check that everything is plugged in, turn it off and then on again, while also being ready to dig to find the root cause of a software issue. This is a team that works cross functionally across the business with Engineering, Support, and other teams while supporting our patients and providers. As a TSS here at PocketHealth, you'll be a trusted source of PACS / DICOM knowledge for other folks across the business.
- 1-2 years experience with databases, querying large databases, and database configuration (MySQL, NoSQL, MSSQL, etc.). Patient info lives in a bunch of different places, so you'll need to query these databases to pull it up.
- Experience in diagnosing, troubleshooting and resolving issues with software and hardware. From desktop, web apps, mobile phones, network connections, and everything in between; our TS team handles it all.
- Stellar communication skills; communicating with patients & providers over the phone or email, while working with our team internally - you've got to be able to walk the walk and talk the talk. (See what we did there?)
- You're prioritization royalty. You'll be in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. There's lots on the go, so you'll need to be a pro at this.
- Education in & passion for technology. Whether it be an undergrad in CS, a certificate in Linux, or some courses on Udemy - we want to know that you're passionate about what you do and always want to be developing your technical skills.
These will help you be successful, but aren't deal breakers:
- Experience in Windows OS, Linux, or macOS. We support all kinds of patients & providers, platform agnostic!
- Knowledge or experience with PACS / RIS / EMR is helpful since these are used by the people we support.
- Knowing DICOM or HL7 standards is helpful, for the same reasons as above.
- Experience with Network admin or Systems admin position is an asset. Sometimes you've just got to check that it's all working.
- Experience documenting processes. We're a growing team within a growing company, so we've got to write things down. This also helps in triaging issues.
- Experience with performance metrics. It's important that we maintain our SLAs in resolving patient/provider issues. Metrics help us know how we're doing.
You can do amazing things at PocketHealth. You can positively impact the healthcare journey for millions of people, while building your career and developing your skills. It doesn’t have to be one or the other. It has been a part of our mission since our founding to empower patients & make healthcare accessible to all, and we know this can only be achieved with a team of diverse perspectives that is representative of the Patient & Provider communities we serve.
PocketPHolk love working here for these reasons and more; working remotely, our competitive salaries and benefits (stock options too!), four weeks of paid time off, unlimited wellness days, extended mental health coverage and beyond - it’s important to us that our PocketPHolk are taken care of in the same way we take care of our Patients & Providers.