Digital Electronics Engineer
Pixxel is a space data company building a health monitor for our planet. We are doing that by deploying a constellation of some of the world's most advanced earth imaging satellites in lower earth orbit and an analytics platform (on the ground) with tools that enable easy application of this data across a multitude of sectors. Our fully deployed constellation will be capable of beaming down daily imagery of any place on earth. This role will contribute towards the development of in-house, on-board spacecraft power electronics.
If you love working at the cutting edge of technology and want to contribute towards making the world a better place by bringing down the benefits of space down to earth, this is the place for you.
- As a part of Pixxel’s Electronics group, you will be responsible for the design, prototyping, testing, assembly, and validation of the spacecraft/payload digital hardware.
- You’ll perform analysis and trade studies on digital avionics subcomponents and work on their procurement from vendors.
- You’ll also be responsible for the design and realization of PCBs for all digital electronics, that will fly to space and perform critical operations onboard our satellites, as well as handle high data-rate applications on the payload.
- You’ll work closely with other subsystems to generate software requirements and interface control documents.
- You’ll work on test plans and test procedures and develop spacecraft and equipment operating procedures for the safe, efficient, and reliable operation of the systems, during all phases of spacecraft design, development, integration, testing, and the launch and post-launch operations, in various environments including inside labs, cleanrooms and test facilities.
- You’ll be working on component selection, FMECA, derating and worst-case analysis for internal AVI parts as well as board level schematic designs.
- BE/BTech or ME/MTech/MSc Electrical/Electronics Engineering or related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience working hands-on with projects that involve building robust digital electronics systems in terms of schematics design, component selections, PCB realization, and testing.
- Experience in designing high-reliability and fail-safe hardware is preferred.
- Proficiency in PCB design - should enjoy getting their hands dirty working with electronics hardware.
- Thorough understanding of concepts involved in designing digital systems for electronics (timing analysis, signal integrity etc)
- Knowledge of digital and communication protocols such as SPI, I2C, SpaceWire, LVDS, RS422/RS485 etc.
- Strong understanding of Digital Electronics and RTL design, including customizations of IP blocks for Encryption etc.
- Strong experience in testing and debugging circuits, and proficiency in using test equipment, including but not limited to, power supplies, oscilloscopes, current monitors, loads, multimeters.
- Knowledge of ESD phenomena and best practices to prevent ESD
- Insurance cover for you and your family, free access to mental health professionals, paid sick leave, and other benefits (vaccination drives, etc.).
- Reasonably flexible working hours.
- Get to work and regularly interact with some of the top scientists and professionals in space technology at Pixxel.
- Get exposure to the international space community and the chance to publish research on behalf of Pixxel.