What we are looking for
Mobot is seeking a tech-savvy and detail-oriented doer to help us build best-in-class operations for quality assurance. You may have built your own app or recently finished code bootcamp and want to break into software development. Maybe you’ve worked in tech retail, Quality Assurance, technical support. Maybe you are a gamer with an eye for detail. No matter your background, you are a team player who is comfortable delivering high quality results in an incredibly dynamic environment.
This role is in-person in NYC. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Quality Assurance (QA) Analysts are on the front lines of Mobot - ensuring we find and report bugs to our customers so that they can improve their apps. As an QA Analyst at Mobot, you will execute tests, analyze results, and report observations to our customers. You will also be an important front-end voice for our team, working cross-functionally with Customer Success and Engineering, as we improve our internal products. To be successful in this role, you must be exceptionally detail-oriented, customer-centric, and a great problem solver.
If you are hustling to break into tech but aren't sure how - you love technology, have an uncanny eye for detail, and thrive in a fast-paced environment, we think this role might be right for you.
We are a small but mighty team where everyone wears many hats. This is a dynamic role, and responsibilities will evolve as you grow with Mobot. Key responsibilities include (but may not be limited to):
- Perform and oversee manual tests for multiple mobile applications
- Collaborate with internal team members to address incoming customer requests
- Document your findings from testing via written text and video captures
- Assist the Customer Success team with investigations focused on mobile app bugs discovered during testing
- Plan and execute automated mobile application testing with mechanical robots
- Attend daily stand up meetings and document processes
- Detail-oriented - you have a deep attention to detail. You probably found a typo or formatting error in this job posting. Our customers rely on us to observe nuanced issues in their mobile apps and provide detailed context
- Tech-savvy - you have strong knowledge and experience with computers and smartphones. We test on various iOS/Android phones & tablets. We also use MacBooks.
- Time management - you are able to efficiently manage multiple customer requests while delivering in a timely manner
- Excellent communicator - you can clearly articulate your ideas through verbal and written mediums to teammates
- Logical and critical thinker - you can quickly get up to speed and think on your feet
- The boring stuff - you are proficient with modern productivity software - Google Suite, slack, etc.
- Startup experience - there are many different types of dynamic and fast-paced environments, but we think startup experience is unique. You thrive in this environment and have experience balancing multiple, sometimes competing priorities
- Quality Assurance background - you have prior experience as a Quality Assurance Tester or similar role
- Passionate about robots!
Compensation & benefits
- Competitive compensation
- Generous PTO, including 1 week company-wide winter break
- 401k with company match
- Stock options
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Paid family leave
- Commuter benefits
- Much more!
Mobot is committed to delivering competitive and equitable pay for our employees. The expected base pay range for this position is $60,000 - $70,000/year. However, the base pay offered may vary depending on multiple factors, including the candidate’s relevant skills, experience, and location. Mobot’s total rewards package also includes performance bonuses, our comprehensive benefits and equity program, and PTO.
How to Apply
Does this role sound like a good fit? Interested candidates should submit a resume.
We may be a robotics & automation business - but rest assured we read every application we receive (seriously!)
Mobots come in all shapes, sizes, and backgrounds. We're focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we still encourage you to apply.