Who we are
At Joyride we've spent decades building games on the edges of what's possible at companies like Disney, Popcap, and Electronic Arts. Our team has built some of the biggest games on Facebook, iOS, and Android, entertaining over 300 million users. These titles all earned enthusiastic and long-lived player communities that led to their commercial success.
These experiences have taught us how hard it is to build a successful game with a vibrant and sustainable community. With Joyride, our goal is to put market-leading infrastructure for web3 games into the hands of every game creator. Join us on this exciting journey as we build the next generation of community-owned games together!
Joyride is backed by key gaming and blockchain investors such as Coinbase Ventures, Animoca Brands, Solana Ventures, Dapper Labs, Bitkraft Ventures, SuperLayer, Modern Times Group, Mirana Ventures. Check out more info about our recent funding on Coindesk and more about the company here. Joyride’s Genesis Tennis Champs NFT drop sold out in 30 seconds on OpenSea.
Joyride games is a global gaming company with offices in Palo Alto California, Austin Texas, and Bangalore India.
Your responsibility at Joyride:
- Take ownership of integrating multiplayer games from start to finish, coordinating with external game developers and internal SDK teams, up until publishing of the game
- Understand Game Design Documents, discuss requirements with the product team and plan the development
- Identify improvements in existing games and implement them in collaboration with product and tech teams
- Interact with SDK team and assist to modularise functionalities and convert into APIs in Unity
- Write code as per standards
- Willing to explore other game engines
- Keep up to date on relevant core technologies and best practices, make suggestions to product and tech teams on new game mechanics or APIs available
- 2-3 years of experience in mobile game development, with at least 2 years in Unity
- Experience in building multiplayer games over a network
- Experience integrating and troubleshooting inhouse and third-party SDKs in Unity - Photon, Gamespark, MoPub, Google Play Services, Facebook, Audio/Video
- Strong fundamentals in mobile game development, understand design patterns, architecture of games, device APIs, data structures and algorithms
- Fluent in Unity3D, Should be able to navigate through existing code bases very easily
- Adept with Xcode as well as Android Studio
- Experience using non-gaming APIs. e.g., real time communication between clients, fetching and storing Data for web services, databases or disk access
- Proficient in debugging and profiling code, as well as understanding memory management for mobile games
- Having games on the App Store is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Bachelors or Masters in engineering, preferably from top tier institute only