Senior Full-stack Web Developer
As an early-stage startup, we are looking for people who want more than to be an employee completing assigned tasks. We are looking for entrepreneurial people who are curious and ambitious with a passion to help grow a company from seed to exit! This is an opportunity to be involved in strategy and blue-sky thinking and as such will require both flexibility and creativity as the job evolves in pace with the company itself. The size of our addressable market is enormous, so the potential upside is considerable.
- Working with core team to manage, design and build applications.
- Ability to take initiative to research, learn and recommend emerging technologies
- Utilize in-depth specialty knowledge of applications development to analyze complex problems/issues, provide evaluation of business process, system process, and industry standards, and make evaluative judgement
- Participate in the design process
- Provide accurate estimates
- Fluency in web development technologies and good understanding of the limitations
- 5+ years of experience developing web applications with React or Next.js
- 3+ years of working with Express.js
- 3+ years of experience working with Restful API’s
- 2+ years of working with GraphQL API’s
- Strong understanding of software engineering best practices
- Nice to have - Knowledge of blockchain technology, particularly Hyperledger Fabric & Flutter
- TBD – competitive depending on experience level
- Full Health / Dental
- 4 weeks annual leave
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
Grain Discovery is a cutting-edge technology company aiming to revolutionize the agricultural industry. We are changing the agricultural supply chain network and how consumers regain trust and confidence in their food origin story by building a digital ecosystem focusing on price discovery and traceability. The founders have many years of experience in the agricultural and financial markets as traders and quants managing portfolios in the billions of dollars and recognized the potential of blockchain early.
In addition to the marketplace, our goal in 2021 is to expand on our prior, worlds first, blockchain pilots and build an end-to-end digital solution to track commodities through the value chain, providing certification/quality assurances, and provenance data. Modern agriculture is undergoing an important shift: away from a commodities business, where each bushel is considered identical, to an ingredients business, where customers demand distinction. Grain Discovery is capitalizing on these changing industry requirements and believe blockchain is the ideal technology enabler for data connection in revealing our foods “digital passport”.