Senior Android Developer
Curv Health is building a platform for delivering digital therapies, starting with physical injuries and pain. Given that most healthcare does not occur in clinics or hospitals, but rather in people's homes, our platform is designed to optimize compliance and outcomes through an asynchronous and remote approach to patient care. The mobile applications you will be working on are a core component in this system.
Our mission is to help everyone build better and healthier lives.
How We Work
As a startup, our main goal is to validate that we are building the right thing. We focus on shipping functioning code and do our best to avoid extensive design debates around already-written features. We reserve these discussions (and most non-critical work) for regularly scheduled work periods, when the development team can redesign and refactor to their hearts' content.
All team members support each other through code review, pair programming and other venues, but we also each take responsibility for ensuring our work meets requirements. We enforce minimal gatekeeping on getting code into production. If you have built a feature and are confident it works as expected, you are more than welcome to ship it. Of course we all make mistakes occasionally, so we maintain a safety net in the form of:
- Automated test suites;
- Automated development and staging environments which adhere as closely as possible to production specifications.# The RoleYou will work closely with our mobile development team, Product Manager, and members of our backend platform team to implement new features and fix bugs in our Android applications. You will provide feedback on application designs to help guide us toward solutions which meet our users' needs while being eminently technically feasible.# Technical QualificationsMust have
- Demonstrable knowledge of Android Architecture and Jetpack components
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Experience working in Java and Kotlin
- We would be happy if you have any of these, but don't expect them. Please don't let this list keep you from applying.
- Knowledge of Exoplayer and MediaStorage
- Knowledge of Google ML libraries (Tensorflow Lite)
- Experience using Testing Framework# BenefitsWe provide health and dental coverage for you and your family through a Health Spending Account.Funds are available for professional development, whether in the form of courses, conferences, books, etc. We are keen to help you grow as a developer and look forward to you bringing your newly-acquired skills back to the team.# LocationWe have offices in downtown Halifax and Toronto. Remote work is also possible. Relocation assistance is available, should you prefer to be co-located.