Revenue Operations Manager
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2023
Who are we?
Cohere is focused on building and deploying large language model (LLM) AI into enterprises in a safe and responsible way that drives human productivity, and creates magical new ways to interact with technology and real business value. We’re a team of highly motivated and experienced engineers, innovators, and disruptors looking to change the face of technology.
Our goals are ambitious, but also concrete and practical. Cohere wants to fundamentally change how businesses operate, making everyone more productive and able to focus on doing better what they do best. Every day, our team breaks new ground, as we build transformational AI technology and products for enterprise and developers to harness the power of LLMs.
Cohere was founded by three global leaders in AI development, including our CEO, Aidan Gomez, who co-created the Transformer, which makes LLMs possible. Collectively, we're driven by the belief that our technology has the potential to revolutionize the way enterprises, their employees, and customers engage with technology through language.
Cohere’s broader research team is world-renowned, having contributed to the development of sentence transformers for semantic search, dynamic adversarial data collection and red teaming, and retrieval augmented generation, often referred to as “RAG,” among other technological breakthroughs.
We have been deliberate in assembling a team of operational leaders with industry-leading experience, with backgrounds working at the most sophisticated, demanding, and respected enterprises in the world. Cohere’s operational leaders have built, scaled, and led multi-billion product lines and businesses at Google, Apple, Rakuten, YouTube, AWS, and Cisco.
The Cohere team is a collective from all walks of life, from people who left college to start businesses, to some of the most experienced people from globally renowned companies. We believe a diverse team is the key to a safer, more responsible technology, and that different experiences and backgrounds enable us to tackle problems from all angles and avoid blindspots.
There’s no better time to play a role in defining the future of AI, and its impact on the world.
Why this role?
In this individual contributor role, we seek an experienced Revenue Operations Manager who can help us on our transformative journey to architect and build an industry leading go-to-market engine. The ideal candidate has multidisciplinary Enterprise Technology strategy experience across go-to-market domains (Marketing, Field Sales, Channels, Customer Success, etc.) and is also passionate about ‘rolling their sleeves up’ and working cross- functionally with a broad set of stakeholders to get things done. This role has a broad scope and seeks a candidate with big-picture thinking, reliable business judgment, transformation experience, influencing skills, and a ‘move the needle’ mindset. This unique role will directly impact the growth trajectory of Cohere.
As our Revenue Operations Manager, you will:
- Help us build our go-to-market strategy alongside our pre and post sales leadership team including: product market fit, product price lineup, customer segmentation, coverage model, roles and responsibilities along the pre/post sales lifecycle
- Build and manage sales enablement elements including onboarding & the ongoing training of soft skills/product readiness in relation to product launches including: certification and the production/design of sales collateral
- Refine the sales team compensation and incentive structure including: plan elements, attainment criteria, base/variable
- Identify, implement and own the tools and systems needed to drive productivity (ie. forecasting & opportunity management)
- Co-develop the partner and customers success strategy and approach including partner incentives, customer success, health index, technical support tiers
- Drive complex x-functional efforts for the company including long-range planning and GTM resource allocation, owning the internal alignment of GTM strategy with other departments (ie. Product, Finance, IT, People)
The Revenue Operations Manager role is a good match for you if you have:
- 3+ years of professional work experience at a major global consulting firm
- 3+ years of experience in Sales Operations or Revenue Operations in a technology/SaaS company
- Experience building Revenue & Sales Operations programs from scratch
- Experience developing and executing integrated GTM strategies to unlock growth
- Strong understanding of recurring revenue models, enterprise technology business models and go-to-market strategies
- Experience building financial models and forecasting industry trends
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience engaging with executive senior leadership in a constructive and collaborative manner
- A strong sense of ownership & are self-motivated and self-directed
If some of the above doesn’t line up perfectly with your experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you consider yourself a thoughtful worker, a lifelong learner, and a kind and playful team member, Cohere is the place for you.
We value and celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment for all. We welcome applicants of all kinds and are committed to providing an equal opportunity process. Cohere provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
🤝 An open and inclusive culture and work environment
🧑💻 Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
🍽 Free daily lunch
🦷 Full health and dental benefits, including a separate budget to take care of your mental health
🐣 100% Parental Leave top-up for 6 months for employees based in Canada, the US, and the UK
🎨 Personal enrichment benefits towards arts and culture, fitness and well-being, quality time, and workspace improvement
🏙 Remote-flexible, offices in Toronto, Palo Alto, San-Francisco and London and co-working stipend
✈️ 6 weeks of vacation
Note: This post is co-authored by both Cohere humans and Cohere technology.