Technical Support Specialist
IT, Customer Service
Posted on Saturday, August 19, 2023
Who are we?
Cohere is focused on building and deploying large language model (LLM) AI into enterprises in a safe and responsible way that drives human productivity, and creates magical new ways to interact with technology and real business value. We’re a team of highly motivated and experienced engineers, innovators, and disruptors looking to change the face of technology.
Our goals are ambitious, but also concrete and practical. Cohere wants to fundamentally change how businesses operate, making everyone more productive and able to focus on doing better what they do best. Every day, our team breaks new ground, as we build transformational AI technology and products for enterprise and developers to harness the power of LLMs.
Cohere was founded by three global leaders in AI development, including our CEO, Aidan Gomez, who co-created the Transformer, which makes LLMs possible. Collectively, we're driven by the belief that our technology has the potential to revolutionize the way enterprises, their employees, and customers engage with technology through language.
Cohere’s broader research team is world-renowned, having contributed to the development of sentence transformers for semantic search, dynamic adversarial data collection and red teaming, and retrieval augmented generation, often referred to as “RAG,” among other technological breakthroughs.
We have been deliberate in assembling a team of operational leaders with industry-leading experience, with backgrounds working at the most sophisticated, demanding, and respected enterprises in the world. Cohere’s operational leaders have built, scaled, and led multi-billion product lines and businesses at Google, Apple, Rakuten, YouTube, AWS, and Cisco.
The Cohere team is a collective from all walks of life, from people who left college to start businesses, to some of the most experienced people from globally renowned companies. We believe a diverse team is the key to a safer, more responsible technology, and that different experiences and backgrounds enable us to tackle problems from all angles and avoid blindspots.
There’s no better time to play a role in defining the future of AI, and its impact on the world.
Why this role?
The Customer Support team at Cohere ensures our Users and our Customers have an exceptional experience discovering, onboarding, and using our platform. Our teams’ goal is to optimize retention, drive new usage, and minimize churn.
Our Customer Support team seeks an analytical, collaborative, and customer-focused Technical Support Specialist. If you are passionate about learning more about NLP and are a strong team player, this is the career growth opportunity for you! The sky's the limit for Cohere’s potential, and you’ll make an impact helping us reach it.
Please Note: We have offices in Toronto, Palo Alto, and London but embrace being remote-first! We seek a candidate based in Europe for this role.
The Customer Support team:
- Solves customer onboarding and usage challenges
- Troubleshoots across the Cohere platform
- Accelerates Customers’ time to production usage
- Influences across the organization drawing upon Customer and User feedback
- Makes an impact solving recurring issues and enabling Users to better employ our models
- Earns Customer loyalty and love by building successful repeatable and scalable processes
As a Technical Support Specialist, you will:
- Be the trusted point of contact for Customers and Users of the Cohere platform by providing them with technical and product support
- Provide strong support to our Users and our Customers through a variety of channels (ie. Email, Chat, Slack, Discord)
- Be a product expert: advising on how to best bring projects to life, partnering with our Cloud Partners, providing solutions to product questions, troubleshooting, fine tuning, managing deployment, and more
- Provide knowledge, wisdom and timely support to our Customers and Users who are integrating our products into their products by deploying via our API, through a partner cloud, or on-prem.
- Remove obstacles & advocate internally for our Users and our Customers while being their strong and trusted partner & LLM guide
- Triage escalated cases to relevant teams at Cohere (ie. Product, Engineering)
The Technical Support Specialist role is a good match for you if you have:
- 3+ years of experience working on a Product Support team or a Technical Support team at a growing SAAS or PAAS organization with Enterprise level/F100 customers
- Strong experiences supporting Infra with cloud-based products and API-based products, while using Python, Intercom, and Linear
- A passion for and flourish in partnering with and solving challenges for Customers & Users
- The ability to communicate with and relate with authenticity to technical and non-technical audiences
- Curiosity and a desire to learn deeply about LLMs
If some of the above doesn’t line up perfectly with your experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you consider yourself a thoughtful worker, a lifelong learner, and a kind and playful team member, Cohere is the place for you.
We value and celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment for all. We welcome applicants of all kinds and are committed to providing an equal opportunity process. Cohere provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
🤝 An open and inclusive culture and work environment
🧑💻 Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
🍽 Free daily lunch
🦷 Full health and dental benefits, including a separate budget to take care of your mental health
🐣 100% Parental Leave top-up for 6 months for employees based in Canada, the US, and the UK
🎨 Personal enrichment benefits towards arts and culture, fitness and well-being, quality time, and workspace improvement
🏙 Remote-flexible, offices in Toronto, Palo Alto, San-Francisco and London and co-working stipend
✈️ 6 weeks of vacation
Note: This post is co-authored by both Cohere humans and Cohere technology.