Software Engineer, Simulation
San Francisco, CA, USA · Toronto, ON, Canada · Remote · United States · Canada
Posted on Thursday, June 10, 2021
Waabi, founded by AI pioneer and visionary Raquel Urtasun, is an AI company building the next generation of self-driving technology. With a world class team and an innovative approach that unleashes the power of AI to “drive” safely in the real world, Waabi is bringing the promise of self-driving closer to commercialization than ever before. Waabi is backed by best-in-class investors across the technology, logistics and the Canadian innovation ecosystem.
With offices in Toronto and San Francisco, Waabi is growing quickly and looking for diverse, innovative and collaborative candidates who want to impact the world in a positive way. To learn more visit: www.waabi.ai
- Build reliable and scalable simulation tools and frameworks to support Autonomous Vehicle (AV) development.
- Develop tools to massively scale scenario generation.
- Build orchestration and control software.
- Participate and share ideas in technical and architecture discussions, collaborating with researchers and engineers.
- Work closely with internal users to understand their requirements and workflows, and propose new features to streamline and improve their experience using the simulator
- Advocate and set patterns for software development.
- MS/PhD or Bachelors degree with a minimum of 1+ years of industry experience in Computer Science, Robotics and/or similar technical field(s) of study.
- Experience with at least one of Python, C++, Rust.
- Experience working with internal cross-functional partners/stakeholders when building software frameworks.
- Open-minded and collaborative team player with willingness to help others.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Experienced in reading and developing production quality software, versus only creating prototypes/proof of concepts. This includes:
◦ Experience designing interfaces between systems.
◦ Understanding of test-driven and API-driven development methodologies.
Bonus/nice to have:
- Game development or building simulators.
- Experience with software performance, optimization, and profiling.
- Experience with concurrency and determinism.
- Experience working in parallel computing environments.
- Experience in autonomous systems, robotics or machine learning.
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure
- Experience with system design/architecture, algorithms, data structure design.
The US yearly salary range for this role is: $109,000 - $200,000 USD in addition to competitive perks & benefits. Waabi (US) Inc.’s yearly salary ranges are determined based on several factors in accordance with the Company’s compensation practices. The salary base range is reflective of the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Note: The Company provides additional compensation for employees in this role, including equity incentive awards and an annual performance bonus.
- Competitive compensation and equity awards.
- Health and Wellness benefits encompassing Medical, Dental and Vision coverage (for full-time employees only).
- Unlimited Vacation.
- Flexible hours and Work from Home support.
- Daily drinks, snacks and catered meals (when in office).
- Regularly scheduled team building activities and social events both on-site, off-site & virtually.
- As we grow, this list continues to evolve!
Waabi is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating a supportive, inclusive, and accessible environment for all employees. We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, age, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military or veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, caregiver status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We make workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know.