AI Solutions Engineer
Software Engineering, Data Science
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
Untether AI is building the world’s highest performance pure-digital AI inference startup. We’re a rapidly growing Toronto-based startup, with employees across Canada and the US (and even a few outside North America), building next generation hardware AI accelerators for neural net inference. We are investing in software in a big way in order to make it as seamless as possible for researchers and developers to successfully deploy neural networks on our hardware.
To help grow our organization we are looking for an AI Solutions Engineer to join our dynamic team. As a key member of the software development team, you will play a crucial role in expanding, designing and optimizing our suite of AI reference designs and demos to showcase our state-of-the-art hardware accelerators.
The ideal candidate will have a core background in software development with C++ and Python in high-performance or real-time environments. The successful candidate will use their extensive experience in integrating multiple software frameworks and passion for creating efficient and user-friendly applications.
***Please note: While our engineering HQ is in Toronto, this is a remote opportunity and we welcome applicants from anywhere in North America.***
- Design, develop and maintain performance oriented reference designs and demos.
- Identify and optimize performance bottlenecks.
- Use various 3rd party frameworks to create computer vision and language processing applications with UI/UX interfaces.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Product Development and other software teams to gather requirements and define software specifications.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for customer-facing reference design architecture and implementation details.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in software development with C/C++.
- Proven experience in software development with a focus on high-performance multi-threaded and multi-process Linux applications.
- Strong proficiency in Modern C++14/17/20 and Python.
- Competency with software compilation and linking (makefiles, CMake, etc.).
- Excellent independent research and troubleshooting skills when using 3rd party software libraries (you will be the in-house expert).
- Prior experience with cross-platform development with UI/UX frameworks or web interfaces (portals, SaaS, etc.) is an asset.
What are some of the perks that you will receive being part of Untether AI? Aligned to Untether’s philosophy, our employees enjoy the same perks, regardless of role or level. In part, these include:
- 20 vacation days
- Solid health and extended health benefits from day 1
- Unlimited sick days
- Stock options
- Being part of building chips and software that will change the world
Thinking about applying?
We’re a pretty welcoming bunch of people. If we’ve piqued your interest, you’re passionate about the same things we are but you aren’t sure if you check all the boxes, please apply anyway. We’re a great place to work, an even better place to learn and we focus on both capability and potential!
A little bit more about Untether AI
Untether AI has developed a groundbreaking new architecture that brings neural net inference to new levels of performance and efficiency. We’ve already sold our product to smart clients who want to get in at ground zero. We’ve done this while continuing to improve our technology creating ultra-efficient, high performance AI chips that eliminates the data movement bottleneck that costs energy and performance in traditional architectures. We’re a team made up of scientists, engineers and entrepreneurs and have the support of tier one investors. We recently received $125 million in our series B funding round which enables us to expand our customer engagements, enhance our software offering, and build the next generation of industry leading AI inference products. Join us to be part of something big - a chance to create the future of AI.