Silicon CAD Manager
United States · Canada · Mexico
Posted on Thursday, June 9, 2022
Untether AI is building the world’s highest performance pure-digital AI inference chip. We’re a rapidly growing Toronto-based startup, with employees across Canada and the US. Our novel architecture is already in customer hands, providing unparalleled performance and energy efficiency. We are investing in design automation in a big way in order to make it as seamless as possible for our engineers to design and implement the next generations of our product line.
As our new Silicon CAD Manager, you will lead the team that develops and maintains a world-class set of design automation tools, to support our whole hardware organization. You know from past experience what the system should look like. At Untether AI, you’ll have an opportunity to build it from the ground up, unencumbered by decades of technical debt. The successful candidate will have experience supporting off-the-shelf EDA software, as well as designing, implementing, and supporting custom tooling for hardware design teams.
***Please note: While our engineering HQ is in Toronto, this is a remote opportunity and we welcome applicants from anywhere in North America.***
Requirements & Responsibilities
- 10+ years of experience:
- Working with EDA tools in the hardware design industry
- Evaluating, acquiring, installing, and supporting tools to meet team needs
- Developing flows and scripts to support EDA tools
- Developing custom scripts and software to improve team efficiency beyond what off the shelf EDA tools can provide
- 3+ years of experience in an engineering leadership role
- Ability to manage and develop a growing team of engineers
- Demonstrated ability to support a broad range of customers: RTL design, verification, physical design, custom circuits, and other engineering teams
- Experience driving vendors AEs to resolve technical issues
- Excellent UNIX and scripting programming skills (Perl, Python, TCL and Skill)
- Plan and budget for new tools and expanding staff
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience designing software tools and automation for hardware teams
- Strong understanding of digital and analog circuits
- Good knowledge of common design flows:
- Verification: Simulation and Formal Verification
- Physical Design: Place and Route, Custom (ICC, Virtuoso)
- Digital Circuit Design: Synthesis, Static Timing Analysis (DC, PT,Spyglass)
- Analog and Custom Circuits: Finesim, hspice, spectre
- Regression management with Jenkins or similar tools
- Experience with version control software (perforce, git)
- Experience building and managing budgets for EDA tools
What are some of the perks that you will receive being part of Untether AI? Aligned to Untether’s philosophy, our employees enjoy the same perks, regardless of role or level. In part, these include:
- 20 vacation days
- Solid health and extended health benefits from day one
- Unlimited sick days
- Stock options
- Building chips and software that will change the world
Thinking about applying?
We’re a pretty welcoming bunch of people. If we’ve piqued your interest, you’re passionate about the same things we are but you aren’t sure if you check all the boxes, please apply anyway. We’re a great place to work, an even better place to learn and we focus on both capability and potential!
A little bit more about Untether AI
Untether AI has developed a groundbreaking new architecture that brings neural net inference to new levels of performance and efficiency. We’ve already sold our product to smart clients who want to get in at ground zero. We’ve done this while continuing to improve our technology creating ultra-efficient, high performance AI chips that eliminates the data movement bottleneck that costs energy and performance in traditional architectures. We’re a team made up of scientists, engineers and entrepreneurs and have the support of tier one investors. We recently received $125 million in our series B funding round which enables us to expand our customer engagements, enhance our software offering, and build the next generation of industry leading AI inference products. Join us to be part of something big - a chance to create the future of AI.