Robot Builder Student
Trexo Robotics (YC W19, Techstars) is enabling mobility by building powered wearable robots (https://youtu.be/3LW4LJIpa2o). Our first product is a robot for children with movement disorders such as Cerebral Palsy and it allows kids to walk, in many cases for the first time in their lives. The device is currently being used by families and the best hospitals across North America.
Our work doesn’t stop here, we are constantly working towards building mobility solutions for all. At Trexo Robotics you will find a flat organization where you can work with highly optimistic, low ego and exceptionally talented individuals who look forward to solving hard problems.
About the Job
We currently have a growing production backlog of Trexos we need to build and ship to our eager customers! While ramping up our production we need to ensure our quality, reliabitlity and assembly simplicity improves. We are looking for a Robot Builder Student who can help us build more Trexos while maintaining quality.
You want to work in a small team solving a big problem while helping an underserved community. You love taking things apart and building them back. You are detail oriented and a fast learner.
What you'll do
- Build sub assemblies and complete Trexo devices.
- Complete sub assembly and full device testing.
- Assist with maintaining inventory and inbound/outbound shipping.
- Work on QC and QA for incoming shipments.
- Help clean workcells and warehouse space.
- Previous experience working on assembly on electromechanical systems.
- Hands on experience with simple machine tools.
- Hands on experience with building wiring harness and simple soldering.
- Hands on experience building something from scratch (software project, robot, machining etc).
- Ability to pick up new skills fast.
- Strong time management skills and ability to work in a methodical manner.
- Interest in exoskeletons.
Nice to Have
- Previous experience with Solidworks.
- Previous experience with 3D printing.
Compensation and Benefits
- Dog friendly