Senior Mobile Software Developer (React Native)
TouchBistro is looking for a Senior Mobile Software Developer (React Native). Our POS system is evolving and our customers are demanding more product capabilities and more flexibility with the current feature set. As a member of the Technology team, you will have the chance to work on some of our current product's Android features to help deliver and iterate on solutions that meet these demands.
Our current stack is built around React Native! We are looking for an experienced developer with a similar mindset to join our team. As a member of TouchBistro, you will be a part of a close-knit group of experienced developers with a birds-eye view of all software development activities at TouchBistro. Our mission is to make our developers productive and fearless, to reduce toil, and to remove obstacles from our product development teams, while building the best restaurant software available in the market. We act as a force multiplier for the teams writing software for our customers.
- Create features using Typescript that are robust, well designed and tested
- Collaborate with lead and jr. developers to ensure features are implemented in an efficient, testable and scalable manner, and providing code reviews for the team
- Analyze, define and break down feature work into small shippable components and help lead estimation efforts on your team
- Ensure quality through building automated tests (unit / end to end)
- Keep up-to-date with best practices and tooling from the Android community
- Participate in daily and weekly scrum ceremonies
- Openly collaborate with your team to solve problems and learn from failures
- Mentor junior team members
- Fix it! Ship it! Own it!
All About You
- You have 3-5 years of experience developing React Native Android apps in a production setting
- You have knowledge of Java, Kotlin, and SQL
- You have experience with Jest, Git, Gradle, Yarn, Native APIs for Android
- You have experience with networking and RESTful APIs
- You have experience with SQLite or similar relational databases
- You have experience working in large monorepos, modular codebases with multiple developers, enforcing design patterns and good practices
- You have experience maintaining or consuming continuous integration/deployment pipelines
- You have experience with observability systems (we use Datadog and Sentry)
- You have exceptional communication skills
- You have experience working on teams in an agile-scrum environment
What We Offer
At TouchBistro, we are a diverse group of restaurant-obsessed, tech-loving people brought together by a mission to support the passion and success of restaurateurs. You can feel confident joining a fun, vibrant, and rapidly growing environment. You will be working alongside driven individuals who are passionate, innovative, accountable, collaborative, and respectful.
- Unlimited vacation
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible health and wellness plan
- Parental leave & top up
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career progression & professional development
- Linkedin Learning membership
- Volunteer program
- Monthly lunches
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Beautiful, brand new office space in the heart of downtown Toronto (our HQ)
TouchBistro is an all-in-one Point-of-Sale and restaurant management system that makes running a restaurant easier. We have powered more than 29,000 restaurants around the world, and we know that while passion is plenty in the restaurant industry, time and money usually aren’t. Providing the most essential front of house, back of house and customer engagement solutions on one easy-to-use platform, TouchBistro helps restaurateurs streamline and simplify their operations, increase sales, drive revenue, and deliver a stellar guest experience.
TouchBistro believes in fostering an inclusive workplace where all individuals have an opportunity to succeed. Requests for accommodation due to a disability can be made at any stage of the recruitment process.