Principal Scientist, IVP
Valo Health is a technology company that is integrating human-centric data and AI-powered technology to accelerate the creation of life-changing drugs for more patients faster. Valo was created with the belief that the drug discovery and development process can and should be faster and less expensive, with a much higher probability of success. We are using models early to fail less often, executing clinical trials to add valuation to the company, and generating fit-for-purpose data to feed back into Valo’s Opal Computational Platform™ as we reinvent drug discovery and development from the ground up. Disease doesn’t wait, so neither can we.
We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts in science, technology, and pharmaceuticals united in our mission to achieve better drugs for patients faster. Valo is committed to hiring diverse talent, prioritizing growth and development, fostering an inclusive environment, and creating opportunities to bring together a group of different experiences, backgrounds, and voices to work together. We achieve the widest-ranging impact when we leverage our broad backgrounds and perspectives to accelerate a new frontier in health. Valo seeks to become the catalyst for the pharmaceutical industry and drive the digital transformation of the industry. Are you ready to join us?
About the Role
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated scientist to join our in vitro pharmacology group. In this role, the scientist will utilize biochemical and cellular assays to support our hit ID and lead optimization efforts with innovative ideas. The scientist will be expected to present at internal program and team meetings and contribute to these meetings by providing constructive plans/ideas. If this description aligns with your experience/expertise then this position may be a good fit for you.
What You’ll Do…
- Collaborate with a world class, multidisciplinary team of drug discovery scientists from medicinal and platform chemistry, DEL, in vitro pharmacology, biology, and data science to advance multiple small molecule programs as new clinical candidates for the treatment of several diseases
- Design, develop and execute biochemical and cell-based assays to support the Valo platform and high-throughput screens
- Interpret, summarize, and present research findings in internal and external scientific meetings and conferences
- Ensure the timely execution of assays, HTS campaigns, and data delivery to project teams
- Maintain a stable and productive environment through quality control, preventative maintenance, and generation of standard operating procedures
- Demonstrate working knowledge of automation platforms and associated assay technologies for hit ID and lead optimization activities
- Demonstrate experience and understanding of assay data analysis and software packages
What You Bring...
- Ph.D. degree in cell biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, or related discipline and at least 5 years industrial experience for the senior scientist position or at least 7-10 years industrial experience for the principal scientist position
- Experience in the design and development of biochemical and cell-based assays for small molecule evaluation
- Prior experience in small-molecule screening that includes familiarity with liquid handlers and automation systems
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively to advance drug discovery projects in a highly matrixed environment
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Highly self-motivated and able to work efficiently and productively in a rapidly growing fast-paced environment
- Managerial and leadership experience is preferred
More on Valo
Valo Health, Inc (“Valo”) is a technology company built to transform the drug discovery and development process using human-centric data and artificial intelligence-driven computation. As a digitally native company, Valo aims to fully integrate human-centric data across the entire drug development life cycle into a single unified architecture, thereby accelerating the discovery and development of life-changing drugs while simultaneously reducing costs, time, and failure rates. The company’s Opal Computational Platform™ is an integrated set of capabilities designed to transform data into valuable insights that may accelerate discoveries and enable Valo to advance a robust pipeline of programs across cardiovascular metabolic renal, oncology, and neurodegenerative disease. Founded by Flagship Pioneering and headquartered in Boston, MA, Valo also has offices in Lexington, MA, and New York. To learn more, visit www.valohealth.com.