Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, November 1, 2023
What if you could personally impact the future of healthcare? As part of the PocketHealth team, you will enable hospitals and clinics across North America — and more importantly, empower over a million patients — to discover a better healthcare experience.
PocketHealth is a patient-centric platform that enables hospitals and clinics across North America to share imaging records digitally with patients, instantly and securely. Through our platform, we enable patients to be active and engaged participants in their own care, and take control of their care journey. In addition to image sharing, which is the heart of the PocketHealth platform, we’ve grown our core functionality to enable sharing between hospitals and physicians, as well as instant image retrieval and automated importing capability. PocketHealth is a unified image management solution for over 500 hospitals and clinics across North America. We believe that by placing patients at the center of the record release process, data moves more ethically, easily and securely throughout the care journey, and we’re looking for passionate individuals to help make this vision a reality for millions more patients across North America.
About us & the role
We are looking for highly technical, empathetic, organized and passionate individuals to integrate PocketHealth solutions into the technical infrastructure of our hospital providers, and support this infrastructure on a daily basis to ensure a high quality of reliability for our patient population. As a key member of the Deployments team reporting directly to our Lead Application Specialist, you’ll be joining an experienced, collegial, and supportive team eager to learn, teach, and ultimately make a difference. You are organized, results focused, a strong problem solver, and have experience working with internal and external stakeholders. Our Deployments team works with multiple stakeholders across the business in planning, implementing, and maintaining PocketHealth services within their environment, with the goal of providing a best in class provider experience. Since you'll be working so cross-functionally, you will provide internal support and share your expertise from being a technical implementations pro. You'll be a go-to person in managing various corporate-level Windows environments and are capable of advanced troubleshooting. Proposing and implementing new solutions to address existing & emerging challenges isn't just a pastime for you - it's one of the best parts of the job
- You manage system resources like a Pro. CPU, memory, disk space allocation - you ensure optimum performance & availability for Windows servers, workstations, and beyond.
- TCP/IP, HTTP, and routing protocols aren't just fun acronyms for you. You have experience configuring, managing, and troubleshooting network infrastructure including firewalls, VPN connections and protocols like PPTP, L2TP, and IPsec (more acronyms!).
- You have experience troubleshooting & managing databases (MySQL, MSSQL, PostgreSQL, Azure SQL Database) and ensure high availability, reliability, and security of data.
- Experience in managing MS Active Directory Users & Groups, including access control & authentication. You're all about a smooth and secure user integration.
- Experience in Azure compute & networking services like Virtual Machines, DNS, and VPN configuration.
- You’re comfortable leading technical calls with customers and can troubleshoot issues on the fly. You’re a creative thinker when it comes to work-arounds and have a keen eye for details.
These will help you be successful, but aren't deal breakers:
- Knowledge of DICOM, HL7, FHIR, and other healthcare interoperability standards that have fun acronyms.
- Experience with SQL database administration, cloud networking solutions, or other distributed tech.
- Experience working in HealthTech, healthcare, or an understanding of healthcare systems. Better yet, the passion to want to provide a better experience with all of these things for our providers.
You can do amazing things at PocketHealth. You can positively impact the healthcare journey for millions of people, while building your career and developing your skills. It doesn’t have to be one or the other. It has been a part of our mission since our founding to empower patients & make healthcare accessible to all, and we know this can only be achieved with a team of diverse perspectives that is representative of the Patient & Provider communities we serve.
PocketPHolk love working here for these reasons and more; working remotely, our competitive salaries and benefits (stock options too!), four weeks of paid time off, unlimited wellness days, extended mental health coverage and beyond - it’s important to us that our PocketPHolk are taken care of in the same way we take care of our Patients & Providers.