Pixxel is a space data company building a health monitor for our planet. We are doing that by deploying a constellation of some of the world’s most advanced earth imaging satellites in lower earth orbit and an analytics platform (on ground) with tools that enable easy application of this data across a multitude of sectors. Our fully deployed hyperspectral imaging constellation will be capable of beaming down high quality imagery of every place on earth every day. This role will contribute towards the development of flight software that will be deployed on our satellites and you will get to work as a part of our Software Systems group.
If you love working at the cutting edge of technology and want to contribute towards making the world a better place by bringing down the benefits of space down to earth, this is the place for you.
- Translate mission requirements and various satellite subsystem requirements into reliable flight software for Pixxel’s satellites.
- Support processing hardware selection, simulation software development and debugging activity.
- Be involved in hardware-software integration of the satellite and multiple levels of Software-In-Loop-Simulation Tests.
- Responsible for qualifying and integrating algorithms at various stages with hardware, including simulations, module/system level integration. You will also be responsible for defining the end implementation of the algorithm along with Pixxel's Software Systems Group.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
- 5 years of experience working with low level code in embedded software environments.
- Thorough knowledge of embedded software development and experience developing fault tolerant software.
- Significant understanding of embedded software principles and ability to contribute in design sessions.
- Proficiency in writing memory optimized software for embedded systems (bare-metal/RTOS/Linux) with a knack for writing elegant code.
- Strong documentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in Embedded C/C++ and Python.
- Experience in working with the arm architecture.
- Experience in debugging using oscilloscope, logic analyzer, JTAG, etc.
- Experience in using version control software (preferably Git).
- Knowledge in any of the following is a plus - Model based development, code certifications, continuous integration and delivery, static analyzers, test automation, flight simulators.
- Insurance cover for you and your family, free access to mental health professionals, paid sick leave and other benefits (vaccination drives, etc.).
- Watch your software work reliably in outer space, every day, on multiple satellites in our satellite constellations.
- Reasonably flexible working hours. Work from home for selected days of the week.
- Get to work and regularly interact with some of the top scientists and professionals in space technology at Pixxel.
- Get exposure to the international space community and the chance to publish research on behalf of Pixxel.
- Get to be a part of the adrenaline rush as the countdown goes on at our mission control center.