Flight Software Engineer - Algorithms
Pixxel is a space data company building a health monitor for our planet. We are deploying a constellation of some of the world’s most advanced earth imaging satellites in lower earth orbit and an analytics platform (on the ground) with tools that enable easy application of this data across many sectors. Our fully deployed hyperspectral imaging constellation will be capable of beaming down high-quality imagery of every place on Earth daily. This role will contribute towards developing flight software deployed on our satellites, and you will get to work as a part of our Software Systems group.
If you love working at the cutting edge of technology and want to contribute towards making the world a better place by bringing the benefits of space down to Earth, this is the place for you.
- Own flight software application code or algorithm model from design to implementation and qualification.
- Lead algorithmic-firmware-systems integration effort. Communicate and collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Document associated algorithms/systems and maintain relevant codebase.
- Own simulation and test setups (HILS/SILS) to qualify flight software. Set up processes wherever appropriate.
- Understand and convert algorithm models/State machine models into production-ready code.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of algorithms on hardware and recommend strategies to optimize algorithm performance.
- Participate in design reviews, FMECA, and drive RCA efforts after testing.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering.
- 6 years of related experience or a Master’s Degree in similar disciplines with at least four years of related experience.
- Experience with the entire software development lifecycle.
- Proficient in Simulink/Python.
- Strong documentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge in any of the following is a plus - Model-based development, code certifications, continuous integration and delivery, static analyzers, test automation, and flight simulators.
- Familiarity with formal verification and validation test processes, including requirement gathering and review, test plan/procedures specification and assessment, and test results analysis and review.
- Insurance covers you and your family, free access to mental health professionals, paid leaves, and other benefits.
- Watch your software work reliably in outer space daily on multiple satellites in our satellite constellations.
- Reasonably flexible working hours.
- Get to work and regularly interact with some of the top scientists and professionals in space technology at Pixxel.
- Get exposure to the international space community and the chance to publish research on behalf of Pixxel.