As our IT Specialist, you will play a vital role in the smooth day-to-day operations of our robot (yes!) and mobile testing facility. You will triage hardware and software issues happening on-site, resolve them where possible, and otherwise document and route the issues to the appropriate owners. You will help build and maintain the unique infrastructure requirements of a densely-packed robot and mobile app testing space, including power, wireless spectrum, and temperature. You will have the opportunity to increase your skill set via exposure to technologies like container orchestration, Python, and additive manufacturing.
We are a small but mighty multi-disciplinary team where collaboration and communication are paramount. In addition to the following responsibilities, you will have the opportunity to distinguish yourself by continuously improving the effectiveness and productivity of your teammates and the facility as a whole.
- Support the day-to-day IT (hardware, software, networking) needs of our Operations Associates via issue triage, documentation, and resolution.
- Troubleshoot those issues in partnership with our Engineering and Operations teams.
- Partner with our Infrastructure team to maintain and execute the needs of the networking, computing, and robotic infrastructure.
- Attention to detail - You take pride in your skill at careful note-taking, rigorous observation, and meticulous follow-up.
- Customer-oriented - You find fulfillment in the satisfaction and productivity of your teammates (your customers).
- Strong problem solver - You excel at uncovering ambiguous situations, understanding the nuances, and improving them.
- Experience resolving MacOS issues
- Experience resolving Android issues
- Experience resolving iOS and iPadOS issues
- Experience with Mosyle, JAMF, or similar MDM solutions
- Experience cabling for network connectivity and power
- Experience maintaining articulated hardware platforms (robots)
- Experience with network routing and infrastructure
- Experience managing IT inventory
Compensation & benefits
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- Generous PTO, including 1 week company-wide winter break
- 401k with company match
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Paid family leave
- Commuter benefit
- Daily meal stipend
- Much more!
Mobot is committed to delivering competitive and equitable pay for our employees. The expected base pay range for this position is $55,000 - $60,000/year. However, the base pay offered may vary depending on multiple factors, including the candidate’s relevant skills, experience, and location. Mobot’s total rewards package also includes performance bonuses, our comprehensive benefits and equity program, and PTO.
Mobots come in all shapes, sizes, and backgrounds. We're focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we still encourage you to apply.