Senior Product Manager
Alameda, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2023
Mekonos is a company dedicated to making personalized therapies more accessible.
Our mission is to build the future of cell therapies on a chip and we are building the first-of-its-kind digital cell-engineering platform. Our universal delivery strategy utilizes a scalable silicon chip architecture to deliver molecular cargo into cells ex vivo at high throughput with exceptional yield. This novel approach enables the parallel engineering of cells for direct applications in precision medicine, synthetic biology, and fundamental science.
We are an interdisciplinary team of individuals passionate about solving some of the world’s most difficult technical challenges in medicine. As a company, we think great ideas should embody elegance and scalability, and we believe that diversity is at the root of every great innovation. With backgrounds in cell biology, materials chemistry, electrical and mechanical engineering, physics, computer science and business, we are brought together by our curiosity and passion for solving difficult technical problems. As part of our team, you will work at the intersection of biology and engineering, developing cutting-edge technologies with direct commercial applications in precision medicine.
We are looking for Senior Product Manager to join us and have an impact in the following ways:
This is a new position within our Product team that will be responsible for the success of the company’s first commercial launch. The launch will include a cell engineering platform, specifically instrumentation and consumables used in defined workflows.
This is an onsite/in-person role, based in Alameda, CA.
You are not expected to have experience with all listed requirements. If you feel passionately about our mission and values, please consider applying.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Learn about our organization’s mission, vision, and values.
- Learn about your role and department.
- Meet your colleagues and collaborators.
- Learn about your team’s Objectives and Key Results for the year.
- Complete internal onboarding process to best understand how your team supports other Mekonos departments, external vendors, and customers.
Within 2 months, you will:
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of how you can contribute to the Company’s goals.
- Complete mandatory safety trainings.
- Complete all learning modules of our Onboarding playbook.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the primary use cases in our commercialization and product strategy (including product definitions corresponding to each use case).
- Document the trade-offs embedded in our MVP, by following a minimum of 5 protocol runs on our alpha instrument.
- Contribute to go-to-market planning.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Build user empathy by interviewing at least 30 potential users, independently running a protocol on our alpha instrument, and presenting your findings to the company.
- Conduct market analysis of CGT and non CGT segments.
- Maintain our customer discovery database using a tracking system that allows for searching, collating, and drawing insights efficiently.
- Participate in customer discovery meetings in collaboration with our BD team.
Within 4-6 months, you will:
- Take cross-functional ownership of drafting marketing requirements, product requirements, and success metrics for our RUO product family(ies).
- Refresh our product roadmap.
- Support execution of our MVP go-to-market strategy.
- Support with all other duties as required.
What you have accomplished:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical field such as bioengineering, biochemistry, molecular biology or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience launching a platform technology that includes hardware, software, consumables, and a wide array of applications.
- Synthesized market needs, user needs, and technical capabilities to define requirements for different audiences.
- Demonstrated sense of ownership balanced with empathy for colleagues.
- Experience leading or supporting user research in an agile environment.
- Demonstrated influence of internal and external audiences, using both oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated resourceful and solution-oriented attitude towards early-stage product development.
- Demonstrated follow-through on commitments, even in fast paced environments with competing priorities.
For this role, the base salary is $190,000, along with:
● Stock options
● Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance to meet the needs of you and your dependents, with no premium cost to you.
● Dedicated training and development budget
We'd love to hear from you if:
● You have a growth mindset, embracing challenges, welcoming feedback, and seeing effort as the path to mastery.
● You believe that you and others can always learn and grow.
● You take ownership and initiative to find solutions and focus on what must be done to create success.
● You think critically and have demonstrated experience in tackling challenging problems.
● You’re excited to be a part of and help shape an inclusive culture.
● Work on challenging problems with massive impact
● Flexible work schedule
● Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission and live our values everyday.
At Mekonos, we believe true innovation starts with diversity; that’s why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Mekonos recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If this opportunity sounds like it was tailor made for you, please reach out even if you don't have everything on our wish list. We are a growing company and searching for exceptional team members to help us along the way. We would love to hear from you.
A note on our Company policies that impact you: Mekonos is an e-verify employer and will comply with all the requirements of the program. However, we are not able to support visa sponsorship requests at this time.
Notice to Search Firms/Third-Party Recruitment Agencies (Recruiters)
To protect the interests of all parties involved, Mekonos Inc. will only accept resumes from a recruiter if an executed search agreement directed to, or including the particular position or positions, is in place at the start of the recruitment effort. Unsolicited resumes sent to Mekonos Inc. from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Mekonos Inc. and will not obligate Mekonos Inc. in any way to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. Recruiters are requested not to contact or present candidates directly to the Hiring Manager, People Operations, or our employees.