Intermediate Technical Project Manager
Software for pharmacies to move beyond dispensing
Intermediate Technical Project Manager
About the role
Hi, I’m Nick, Head of Product Growth and one of the Co-Founders at MedMe Health.
Along with my co-founders Purya and Rui, we built MedMe together after identifying the biggest problem to be existing pharmacy software built 20 years ago with the primary purpose to sell drugs. Purya was a health data scientist for the government, I was a product engineer at Tesla, and Rui is a Pharmacist. Our team is equally passionate about using pharmacists to provide more services for patients in the community.
We are building software for an industry that has relied on paper and pen for a long time. This is why crafting, building, and constantly improving the end-to-end customer experience is an essential part of our company. It’s crucial that we listen deeply to the diverse needs of our pharmacies - located anywhere from dense urban jungles to northern remote communities - to design and build for their needs to ultimately provide more proactive and sustainable care for the patients in their communities.
MedMe’s mission is to build an all-in-one cloud-based platform that empowers pharmacists to schedule, document, and manage clinical services at scale. MedMe’s clients include the 2 largest pharmacy chains in Canada, servicing 3500+ pharmacies, and powering over ~14M patient services, including playing a critical role across the country throughout the pandemic. MedMe’s ultimate vision is to transform pharmacies from today’s dispensing locations to tomorrow’s health hubs.
MedMe has raised over $3.7M USD including from M12 (Microsoft’s Venture Fund), MaRS IAF, and Y-Combinator.
Our culture is defined by our core values—RICE: Rigorous, Impactful, Caring, and Elegant. We encourage curiosity and autonomy, focus on transformative impact in healthcare, champion open communication and collaboration, and strive for excellence through simplicity. Join our supportive and empowering team in our mission to reshape healthcare through innovation and creativity.
We are an equal opportunity employer, welcoming applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
About the Role
This dual-role position is pivotal in bridging the gap between our enterprise customers and our internal product and engineering teams. It is predominantly customer-facing, catering to our largest clientele, where you'll be entrusted with the intake, planning, and execution of enterprise-centric projects.
You will be an individual contributor with significant autonomy, ownership, and impact on the platform and throughout the company, reporting directly to the Head of Product at MedMe.
1. Technical Project Management (60%):
- Liaise between our largest customers and internal product/engineering teams.
- Serve as a Scrum Master to conduct scrum ceremonies and promote agile development practices (internally and also on external customer calls).
- Establish project scope, objectives, and deliverables for each sprint.
- Oversee and manage project-associated risks and issues.
- Act as the chief point of contact with the customer for all updates and communications related to the project. Communication channels can include email, Slack channels, and Zoom/Teams meetings
2. Product Owner & Manager (30%):
- Prioritize and define the SDM product backlog.
- Translate product specifications and customer requirements into user stories that are costed alongside the customer for awareness against service/solutions contracts with fixed story points budgeted.
- Ensure the product and engineering teams understand customer requirements.
3. Account Management (10%):
- Monitor the health of customer accounts and proactively address potential issues or concerns to ensure utmost client satisfaction.
What you Bring to the Table
- Proven experience in Project Management with aspirations to transition into a Product Manager role.
- Robust customer-facing skills with an ability to engage and maintain long-term customer relationships.
- Proven experience with Agile methodologies, particularly in playing the Scrum Master role.
- You are well versed in Jira, agile methodology, and using Gantt charts/other project management tools.
- You have excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentations, demos) with a strong aptitude for communicating rationales to stakeholders.
- You possess a self-starter mentality with a penchant for building relationships and collaborating.
- Curiosity about the unknown and the desire to learn
How We Hire
MedMe is committed to a fair and equitable hiring process for all candidates. To ensure that each candidate’s journey is consistent and the selection process is unbiased, the team at MedMe will not be responding to any personal messages regarding this role or other opportunities.
The Interview Process
- Round 1: Phone screen with a member of the Talent team
- Round 2: Virtual 45-minute interview with one of our Product Leaders
- Round 3: Virtual 1-hour interview with our Founders
- Round 4: Virtual 30-minute meeting with the Product team
Then, references + offer!
Annual Salary ranges from $100,000 - $145,000 CAD with additional stock options
Perks at MedMe
- Flexible health benefit plan
- Full dental, vision, physical & mental health plus health spending account
- Performance development support (yearly budget for courses & conferences)
We are fully remote in Canada, however, we like to plan on-site team retreats!
MedMe is a proud equal opportunity workplace that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We’re looking for motivated and compassionate people who can execute from the ground up and support the work that MedMe believes in.
MedMe is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. Should you require any accommodation, please inform us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any accessibility-related assistance, requests for information in accessible alternative formats or to report any accessibility problems, please share in your application.
About MedMe Health
Closer look at our culture & team: https://www.instagram.com/medmehealth/