Lead Product Designer
Software for pharmacies to move beyond dispensing
Lead Product Designer
About the role
Are you passionate about transforming healthcare through technology? Do you want to modernize healthcare and make a lasting impact for pharmacists and patients across Canada? If you answered yes, then this is the place for you.
Hi, I’m Rui and I’m the Co-Founder and Chief Clinical Officer of MedMe. I’m a pharmacist, and despite a $200k Doctor of Pharmacy degree, I still spend most of my time writing notes by hand and fielding phone calls for refills. When in fact, pharmacists can directly prescribe meds (like birth control), adjust diabetes/heart medications, give over 20 different vaccines/injections, and much more!
I was almost ready to leave my profession when I met my co-founders Purya & Nick. Purya was a health data scientist for the government and Nick a product engineer for the Tesla Roadster. They’d watched their own parents struggle with managing 10+ medications and were equally passionate about using pharmacists to provide more services for patients in the community.
Together, we identified the biggest problem to be existing pharmacy software built 20 years ago with the primary purpose to sell drugs. So, we built MedMe.
We are building software for an industry that has relied on paper and pen for a long time. This is why crafting, building, and constantly improving the end-to-end customer experience is an essential part of our company. It’s crucial that we listen deeply to the diverse needs of our pharmacies - located anywhere from dense urban jungles to northern remote communities - to design and build for their needs to ultimately provide more proactive and sustainable care for the patients in their communities.
Our Mission & Vision
Having raised $3.7M USD from M12 (Microsoft’s Venture Fund) and leading Canadian VCs, our mission is to build an all-in-one cloud-based platform that empowers pharmacists to schedule, document, and manage clinical services at scale. Our clients include the 2 largest pharmacy chains in Canada, servicing 3500+ pharmacies across 10 provinces and touching millions of patients. Our ultimate vision is to transform pharmacies from today’s dispensing locations to tomorrow's health hubs. 💡
The Opportunity You'll be working directly with Nick, Co-Founder/Head of Product, and collaborating with our Product Lead and Head of Engineering.
We have broken down the responsibilities into 3 different viewpoints:
0 ft - Execution/Individual Contributor-based work (70%)
- Translate complex product requirements into easy-to-use designs for our end-users, ensuring our software is user-friendly and adheres to high quality and accessibility standards.
- Design and prototype user interfaces, user workflows, sitemaps, personas, interaction models, and visual design elements for web across all devices/browsers for pharmacy users and patients
- Work closely with engineers and product managers to oversee the development, testing, and implementation of your design ideas.
- Apply and contribute to our design system, ensuring a consistent user experience across all products.
- Be the voice of the user - conduct user research, data-informed analysis, and stakeholder interviews to fully understand customer needs, pains, and behaviours to continually optimize for an improved user experience
- Conduct regular design reviews and iterate on feedback from team members and users.
- Stay abreast of the latest design trends, competitor UI designs, and product enhancements to ensure our product maintains its edge.
10,000 ft - Team-Enabler, Manager, Cross-Company Representative (25%)
- Manage, mentor, and inspire other designers/design interns, providing constructive feedback and fostering an atmosphere of creativity and innovation.
- Advocate for the design team and its role within the company, articulating design decisions to stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Facilitate collaboration between the design team and other departments (such as product management, engineering, and marketing) to ensure a holistic product development process such as design reviews, design hand-offs, etc.
- Manage design resources effectively, setting priorities, and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Set and withhold the team to a design process/system that optimizes for collaboration, consistency, usability, stakeholder engagement, and creativity
30,000 ft - Design Strategy, Roadmap (5%)
- Work with company leaders to shape the future of our product, ensuring design has a seat at the strategic decision-making table.
- Influence product strategy by bringing user-focused design considerations to the table, promoting a design-centric culture within the company.
What you bring to the table
You will thrive at MedMe if you:
- Are extremely organized, can juggle multiple projects at the same time, but can go deep on a single project if necessary
- Have a successful track record of generating design ideas required to solve problems, and taking ownership of the design process, including research, testing, cross-functional communication, copywriting and visual design. Please include a link to your portfolio in your application.
- Love to have ownership of the end-to-end product design process and work independently on a small team where you will have a lot of impact.
- Have experience working closely with a development team using agile practices to produce real-world products as you would be doing at MedMe
- Have experience with tools like Figma to produce low/high-fidelity mock-ups and share designs with stakeholders
- Are passionate about design excellence and familiar with latest UI components/trends, yet flexible enough to modify designs based on timelines/complexity
- Are interested in or have experience working for a healthcare startup where security, reliability, and ease-of-use is the highest priority
- Have communication and team working skills- you enjoy suggesting ideas, collaborating internally and externally, providing and receiving feedback, and supporting teammates
- And last but certainly not least - you have a sizeable appetite for learning and self-development, even if you don't have all of the above requirements, MedMe is a place where you can learn and grow.
How We Hire
MedMe is committed to a fair and equitable hiring process for all candidates. To ensure that each candidate’s journey is consistent and the selection process is unbiased, the team at MedMe will not be responding to any personal messages regarding this role or other opportunities.
Following the advice of Canadian health authorities, to mitigate the risk of potential spread of COVID-19 and support social distancing, all recruiting activities including interviews and new hire on-boarding will be conducted virtually.
Annual Salary ranges from $90,000- $120,000 CAD + stock options
Perks at MedMe
- Flexible health benefit plan
- Full dental, vision, physical & mental health plus health spending account
- Performance development support (yearly budget for courses & conferences)
- Work remotely with flexible hours, we have an international team that spans the globe.
We are fully remote in Canada.
MedMe is a proud equal opportunity workplace that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We’re looking for motivated and compassionate people who can execute from the ground up and support the work that MedMe believes in.
MedMe is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. Should you require any accommodation, please inform us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any accessibility-related assistance, requests for information in accessible alternative formats or to report any accessibility problems, please share in your application.
About MedMe Health
Closer look at our culture & team: https://www.instagram.com/medmehealth/