We are looking for a smart, creative and dynamic data analyst to join our team
About the Role
As the first data analyst at Measure Protocol you will be a key member of the team.
We are looking for a data analyst to analyze large volumes of raw data that we currently collect on a daily basis and find key patterns and synergies between the data to make a compelling story for the commercial benefit of the company. We will rely on you to build data products to extract valuable business insights.
In this role, you should be highly analytical with a knack for analysis, math and statistics. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential for interpreting data. We also want to see a passion for automation, machine-learning and research.
A large element of the role will involve dashboarding the data outputs into various dashboard iterations for different customers
Your goal will be to help our company analyze trends to make better decisions working closely with both the engineering team to define data collection strategy and also with the sales and marketing teams to create the best possible stories to meet our clients needs.
Who are you?
You have a desire to do things differently, and to excel in a fast moving and growing start up. With your previous experience, you’ll be able to bring new ideas and take ownership in a growing company in an exciting space. Effective communication skills are key.
- Analyse large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Design and develop dashboards to bring the data to life
- Present information using data visualization techniques working with engineering, sales and marketing
- Identify valuable data sources and work with engineering to define the best methods to automate the collection processes
- Generating reports from multiple data sources
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data
- Build predictive models, data imputation and machine-learning algorithms
- Combine models through ensemble modeling
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Collaborate with engineering, product development, sales and marketing teams
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as a Data Analyst with key dashboarding skills
- Experience in data mining
- Ability to combine data sets with different dimensions to create clear structure outputs
- Knowledge of R, Pandas, SQL and Python; familiarity with Scala, Java or C++ is an asset
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker, Superset) and data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop)
- Analytical mind and business acumen
- Strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra)
- Strong understanding of sampling techniques, statistical significance, and dealing with data gaps
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Understanding of machine-learning and operations research
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science or other quantitative field is preferred
If your experience doesn’t match all of the areas in the job description precisely, but you’re looking for a role to step up to or grow into, we’d encourage you to apply.
Become the global leader in consumer behavioral data technology. Providing a world class platform for collection and delivery of unique data to help brands understand:
- Their customers
- Their products
- Their competitors
- Their market
Within 2 years to be the leading consumer behavioural data platform
Measure’s unique data collection technology allows complex data to be delivered to clients in an easy to understand format
Helping brands to uniquely understand their consumers and to make better decisions
Measure’s collection technology allows consumers to monetize their data in a transparent fashion that always pays fairly and protects their privacy
Measure has recently raised investment from both venture capital and strategic firms and work with some of the world’s leading brands to provide them access to consumer behavioral data which has not previously been obtainable.
We are :
Believers in a ‘no drama’ approach
Measure Protocol is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
If you think you've got some outstanding skills to offer us, and Measure feels like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you.
Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Measure team.