Director of Product
Faurecia IRYStec is a highly innovative technology company, maintaining a startup feel within a big company. Our goal and focus are to revolutionize the viewing experience in automotive displays.
We have a multi-disciplinary team of researchers and developers working closely with Academia and Industry. We cooperate with a global team of Technical Advisory Board members who are professors in well-known universities and recognized industry leaders. We are part of the FORVIA group recently formed following the successful completion of the acquisition of a controlling stake in HELLA by Faurecia on January 31, 2022. This new Group represents 150,000 talented individuals across more than 40 countries.
The Faurecia IRYStec team is composed of software & hardware engineers, as well as image processing and AI researchers, who work collaboratively. Our software solutions encompass multiple platforms such as GPU, embedded systems, PC, and cloud architectures. We are also engaged in implementing our solutions into FPGA and ASIC devices.
Innovation is part of our DNA; we demonstrate every year new Proof of Concepts at major industry conferences and Tradeshows.
Faurecia IRYStec started by building a software only product that is in production in a high-end German car maker since August 2020. More recently we added FPGA/ASIC solution to our product portfolio with Faurecia’s support. Our team aims to provide new innovative proof of concepts to be demonstrated in well-known tradeshows such as CES (Consumer Electronics Show) and SID (Society for Information Display) Display Week.
In this position, the Director of Product will be responsible for executing our product strategy and roadmap based on the existing product portfolio, the output of our R&D team and the feedback from the market. We expect our Director of Product to travel to customers and tradeshows, leveraging his expertise positioning software products in a B2B environment.
With a hands-on approach to defining products and roadmaps and pitching them in front of customers, the Director of Product will work closely with Research & Engineering teams on the definition of products, with a focus on new products, reporting directly to the General Manager.
As part of the leadership team, the Director of Product will provide market insight to the wider company and participate in the definition of the company’s orientations with respect to product definition, roadmap, promotion and selling activities.
What you will do:
- Help shaping the product roadmap by playing a key role in the definition of the product vision, prioritizing features, communicating and measuring its success, ensuring alignment with the company’s vision, strategy and existing technology
- Deliver on new product definition, introduction, and product portfolio management based on your understanding of the market, driven by measurable metrics
- Define measurable metrics for product quality, market penetration and overall results which you will use to report on a regular basis within the leadership team
- Join the leadership team to advise on products strategy and licensing opportunities as well as general progress of your product activities
- Animate the existing sales channels for our product portfolio with a focus on software products and their deployment at customers
- Survey the market within our industry and assess competition landscape by networking with customers and partners including onsite visits, workshops, tradeshows, and events
- Participate actively in all product roadmap activities such as writing requirements, gathering customers feedback and overseeing marketing campaigns.
- 7+ years of demonstrable experience in product management of software product, including product strategy, roadmap development, and feature prioritization with a track record of successful product launches and the ability to drive product innovation within a B2B environment in a startup or entrepreneurial role.
- 5+ years being in a senior leadership role with customer-oriented approach to product development
- Proven track record introducing new software products into consumer or automotive markets
- Proven record of accomplishment building and scaling global teams
- Strategic planning, creative thinking, and on-time delivery
- Outstanding leadership and interpersonal communication skills
- Hands-on experience working on software products with a strong technical background. Must be able to work with the engineering and research teams and other technical stakeholders to ensure that products are developed efficiently and meet technical requirements.
- Comfortable working in a distributed team as an autonomous contributor
- Being able to efficiently handle multiple priorities, working in an interrupt-driven environment
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills
- Willing to travel to customers and events regularly
- Comfortable working in a start-up environment
- Entrepreneurial experience
- Knowledge of display and image processing technologies
- Experience in ASIC/FPGA products
- Additional language: French, German, Chinese, Japanese
- Flex Vacation - We offer a Flexible Vacation Policy. We recognize the importance of our employees’ wellness and encourage our staff to take 4 weeks of vacation per year. If you need more, this can be approved by the GM, provided the project deadlines allow it.
- Generous Health Benefits and Pension Plan
- Learning environment
o In-house specialists in different fields that are ready to share their knowledge
o A Technical Advisory Board of world-renowned experts Professors from top universities like Cambridge and Oxford working with us regularly.
o Training, conferences, books. We want you to grow with us.
- Diverse environment
o We put a lot of effort into having a diverse workplace: Gender, race, ethnicity.
o You can hear our Founder talk about the technology and diversity here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goIs57t9dv4&t=88s)
- Fun environment. Basically: We just enjoy working together!