Marketing & Communications
Posted on Thursday, June 22, 2023
Hala is a social enterprise working to transform the nature of protection and accountability in the world's toughest places by democratizing advanced defense, sensing, and artificial intelligence technology. Hala is currently saving lives, reducing trauma, and improving resilience for millions of people.
Our team works across the globe and hails from over 15 countries. We speak more than 20 languages and have studied and worked in leading educational, business, research, and government institutions. We are mission-driven thinkers, and we share a deep respect for each other and for the communities that partner with us.
We believe in innovation with purpose, focusing on developing real and applicable technology solutions to the challenges facing the planet. We believe in working ethically and collaboratively and making decisions with transparency. We value flexibility, adaptability, and a good sense of humor.
As our Corporate Writer, you'll be a vital part of our Revenue & Strategy team, developing compelling proposals and impactful reports that articulate our mission and technological offerings. Working closely with various teams, you'll translate complex concepts into clear, engaging content for diverse audiences, including donors, funders, and public/private sector clients. Additionally, you'll contribute to corporate marketing materials, helping shape our brand voice.
As our organization continues to grow and evolve, so will the opportunities for your professional growth. This position will allow you to hone your writing and storytelling skills and deepen your understanding of the social technology sector and its potential for transformative impact. You will be part of a dynamic, interdisciplinary team dedicated to making a meaningful difference in the world through the power of technology.
This is a full-time, permanent position located in Europe, with a yearly base salary range of 50.900€ - 60.900€. This position is also located in the US, with a yearly based salary range of $80.450 - $90.450.
We’ll trust you to:
- Initiation & onboarding:
- Develop a deep understanding of our organization's mission, vision, strategy, and technological offerings to infuse into all written communication.
- Business development: concept notes, expressions of interest (EoI), proposals, and reporting:
- Collaborate with the R&S Team (Director/Manager) to develop structures and storylines aligned with opportunity objectives and donor/funder/client process requirements.
- Take ownership of copywriting and develop compelling grant and contract proposals for public and private sector clients, articulating our unique value proposition, technical capabilities, product applicability, and overall impact on the client organization, and in the case of grants, impact on the end-users/beneficiaries.
- Develop proposal content pertaining to “technical” or “the how” sections by closely collaborating with technical teams (e.g., product and engineering, data and analytics) to translate technical solutions into articulate, compelling, and compliant content which is clear to multiple audiences while maintaining technical accuracy.
- Review and edit sections drafted by various contributors to the proposal and harmonize language to demonstrate content uniformity.
- Review, edit, and finalize the required reports/presentations for submission to donors and clients.
- Work closely with the Director of Analytics and in-house M&E (Monitoring & Evaluation) expert to structure impact reports and donor reporting. Note that M&E reports are going to be drafted by the M&E expert; effort is required to review, edit, and polish the report only.
- Marketing & communications:
- Support the co-founders in preparing corporate marketing materials, including but not limited to website copy, newsletters, knowledge pieces, and social media.
- Work closely with Product, Thematic, and Design teams to develop copy for marketing and informational material, such as product briefs, one-pagers, and position papers.
Who you are:
- Proven experience in a similar role, preferably in a technology-driven social enterprise or technology company.
- Experience in writing both grant proposals and business contract proposals.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills, with a demonstrated ability to translate complex concepts into clear, concise, and engaging language: storytelling par excellence.
- Extremely strong attention to detail and commitment to producing high-quality work.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of an organization.
- Skills to ensure that all written content complies with relevant regulations and guidelines.
We’d love to see the following:
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, or a related field.
- Familiarity with SEO principles and content management systems would be a plus.
What Hala offers you:
- Life-saving social impact.
- Competitive salaries.
- Unlimited vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it. All staff takes a minimum of 22 days off plus holidays, including a mandatory 2-week vacation.
- Comprehensive, world-wide healthcare, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family at no cost to you.
- Paid parental leave.
- Flexible working policy, including the ability to work from home.
- Computer and other office equipment to help you get your job done.
- A diverse, international community of dedicated, hardworking team players committed to interdisciplinary collaboration and a thriving workplace culture.
- Opportunities for international travel, including to program locations and satellite offices.
What happens next:
We will review applications and reach out to candidates advancing to the interview stage on a rolling basis. You should expect an initial screening with one member of our Talent Acquisition team, followed by interviews with the hiring team members and the hiring manager for this position, concluding with the opportunity to speak with our co-founders. During the process, you will be required to provide samples of your work and complete a skills test. Before the final interview, we will also request references to your previous experience, work ethic, and values.
You will receive confirmation that your application was received, and you’ll also hear back from us if you’re selected for an interview or not. Please note that we are unable to offer individualized feedback before the first interview round due to the volume of applications we receive.