Certification & Training Lead - LLM University
People & HR
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Monday, September 25, 2023
Who are we?
Cohere is focused on building and deploying large language model (LLM) AI into enterprises in a safe and responsible way that drives human productivity, and creates magical new ways to interact with technology and real business value. We’re a team of highly motivated and experienced engineers, innovators, and disruptors looking to change the face of technology.
Our goals are ambitious, but also concrete and practical. Cohere wants to fundamentally change how businesses operate, making everyone more productive and able to focus on doing better what they do best. Every day, our team breaks new ground, as we build transformational AI technology and products for enterprise and developers to harness the power of LLMs.
Cohere was founded by three global leaders in AI development, including our CEO, Aidan Gomez, who co-created the Transformer, which makes LLMs possible. Collectively, we're driven by the belief that our technology has the potential to revolutionize the way enterprises, their employees, and customers engage with technology through language.
Cohere’s broader research team is world-renowned, having contributed to the development of sentence transformers for semantic search, dynamic adversarial data collection and red teaming, and retrieval augmented generation, often referred to as “RAG,” among other technological breakthroughs.
We have been deliberate in assembling a team of operational leaders with industry-leading experience, with backgrounds working at the most sophisticated, demanding, and respected enterprises in the world. Cohere’s operational leaders have built, scaled, and led multi-billion product lines and businesses at Google, Apple, Rakuten, YouTube, AWS, and Cisco.
The Cohere team is a collective from all walks of life, from people who left college to start businesses, to some of the most experienced people from globally renowned companies. We believe a diverse team is the key to a safer, more responsible technology, and that different experiences and backgrounds enable us to tackle problems from all angles and avoid blindspots.
There’s no better time to play a role in defining the future of AI, and its impact on the world.
Why this role?
Cohere’s LLM University is a comprehensive course in Generative AI for all developers and enterprises, from beginner to advanced knowledge. This is a unique opportunity to own Cohere’s Large Language Model (LLM) University program to upskill and empower the next generation of Gen AI builders, from developers to enterprises and partners. You will be the product owner from concept, implementation, driving awareness and adoption to enable builders across the ecosystem.
As a Certification & Training Lead, you will:
- Lead Cohere’s LLM University across all aspects, including content, delivery, and certification for builders of all experience levels that are actively building or integrating LLM and Generative AI in their products
- Partner with Developer Relations, Solution Architects, and SMEs across the organization to define and build the content and certifications
- Scope and prioritize the building of the content with strong project management skills as per customer requirements, both internal and external
- Build a self-paced certification program with docs, code examples, videos, and other formats as required
- Run bespoke training and boot camps for partners and SIs to enable their teams and consultants to build with Cohere
- Strategically build content syndication plans with partners, SIs, universities, and learning platforms to increase distribution of the LLM University content to reach a broader audience
- Enable teams within enterprises, partners, and SIs through training and enablement programs to build with Cohere
- Implement an LMS or credentialing platform to build a self-paced learning program in partnership with the tech team
- Define and own the KPIs to increase awareness and adoption of the courses and certifications completed
The Certification & Training Lead role is a good match for you if you have:
- 4+ years of experience designing, developing, and running training and certification for B2B Enterprise products and customers
- Experience with digital credentialing platforms or Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Extensive experience working with cross-functional partners and content SMEs within Product, Engineering, Developer Relations, and Solution Architects.
- A GM mindset, are a creative problem solver, and have the ability to influence
- A scrappy, startup mentality along with the ability to move fast & iterate quickly & learn on the go & take initiative
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple concurrent priorities with a hands-on, pragmatic approach
- Experience with technical products is a plus
If some of the above doesn’t line up perfectly with your experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you consider yourself a thoughtful worker, a lifelong learner, and a kind and playful team member, Cohere is the place for you.
We value and celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment for all. We welcome applicants of all kinds and are committed to providing an equal opportunity process. Cohere provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
🤝 An open and inclusive culture and work environment
🧑💻 Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
🍽 Free daily lunch
🦷 Full health and dental benefits, including a separate budget to take care of your mental health
🐣 100% Parental Leave top-up for 6 months for employees based in Canada, the US, and the UK
🎨 Personal enrichment benefits towards arts and culture, fitness and well-being, quality time, and workspace improvement
🏙 Remote-flexible, offices in Toronto, Palo Alto, San-Francisco and London and co-working stipend
✈️ 6 weeks of vacation
Note: This post is co-authored by both Cohere humans and Cohere technology.