Head of Partnerships
Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 19, 2023
Who are we?
Cohere is focused on building and deploying large language model (LLM) AI into enterprises in a safe and responsible way that drives human productivity, and creates magical new ways to interact with technology and real business value. We’re a team of highly motivated and experienced engineers, innovators, and disruptors looking to change the face of technology.
Our goals are ambitious, but also concrete and practical. Cohere wants to fundamentally change how businesses operate, making everyone more productive and able to focus on doing better what they do best. Every day, our team breaks new ground, as we build transformational AI technology and products for enterprise and developers to harness the power of LLMs.
Cohere was founded by three global leaders in AI development, including our CEO, Aidan Gomez, who co-created the Transformer, which makes LLMs possible. Collectively, we're driven by the belief that our technology has the potential to revolutionize the way enterprises, their employees, and customers engage with technology through language.
Cohere’s broader research team is world-renowned, having contributed to the development of sentence transformers for semantic search, dynamic adversarial data collection and red teaming, and retrieval augmented generation, often referred to as “RAG,” among other technological breakthroughs.
We have been deliberate in assembling a team of operational leaders with industry-leading experience, with backgrounds working at the most sophisticated, demanding, and respected enterprises in the world. Cohere’s operational leaders have built, scaled, and led multi-billion product lines and businesses at Google, Apple, Rakuten, YouTube, AWS, and Cisco.
The Cohere team is a collective from all walks of life, from people who left college to start businesses, to some of the most experienced people from globally renowned companies. We believe a diverse team is the key to a safer, more responsible technology, and that different experiences and backgrounds enable us to tackle problems from all angles and avoid blindspots.
There’s no better time to play a role in defining the future of AI, and its impact on the world.
Why this role?
As the Head of Partnerships you will have the opportunity to build Cohere’s partner ecosystem to scale. The Head of Partnerships will directly impact our revenue growth, leading our team and working closely with our global partners & internal teams. You’ll lay the foundation for Cohere’s partner growth, directly impacting and improving Cohere’s go-to-market strategy. You should be someone who thrives in a quickly evolving environment. Your opportunity for impact will be astronomical — Cohere has skies-the-limit potential, and you’ll help us reach it.
Please Note: We have offices in Toronto, Palo Alto, San Francisco and London! Candidates must be based in the New York City or San Francisco area for this role.
As our Head of Partnerships, your responsibilities include:
- Leading our team along with the development of Cohere’s partner ecosystem
- Developing joint value propositions and go-to-market motions with global consulting partners
- Building implementation services programs with strategic system integrator partners & BPOs
- Forging partnership strategies with cloud providers
- Overseeing Cohere’s commercial program for all partner models
- Constructing partner enablement & onboarding programs
You may be a good fit, if you have:
- 5+ years of experience leading a partnerships organization at a fast growing SaaS, cloud, or data engineering organization
- 3+ years of experience working for a global system integrator and/or global consulting firm
- Proven experience building a global partner program from the ground up
- Senior executive engagement experience, executive level communication & interpersonal skills
- Experience managing B2B go-to-market processes (ie. GTM motions, partner ecosystems, routes to market)
- A track record of successfully collaborating with pre-sales, post-sales & product teams
- Strong experiences taking initiative and identifying consequences & risk
- Top-notch problem solving and analytical skills and the ability to effectively manage ambiguity
- Experience working for fast paced tech startup and/or experience working in the AI/ML industry is a plus
If some of the above doesn’t line up perfectly with your experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you consider yourself a thoughtful worker, a lifelong learner, and a kind and playful team member, Cohere is the place for you.
We value and celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment for all. We welcome applicants of all kinds and are committed to providing an equal opportunity process. Cohere provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
🤝 An open and inclusive culture and work environment
🧑💻 Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
🍽 Free daily lunch
🦷 Full health and dental benefits, including a separate budget to take care of your mental health
🐣 100% Parental Leave top-up for 6 months for employees based in Canada, the US, and the UK
🎨 Personal enrichment benefits towards arts and culture, fitness and well-being, quality time, and workspace improvement
🏙 Remote-flexible, offices in Toronto, Palo Alto, San-Francisco and London and co-working stipend
✈️ 6 weeks of vacation
Note: This post is co-authored by both Cohere humans and Cohere technology.