Senior Technical Product Marketing Manager
Marketing & Communications, IT, Product
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 11, 2023
Who are we?
We’re a team of engineers, thinkers, and champions whose aim is to give technology language. Every day our team is breaking new ground, as we build transformational AI technology and products for enterprise and developers that wish to harness the power of Large Language Models.
We're driven by ambition, as we firmly believe that our technology has the potential to revolutionize the way industries engage with natural language. Our strong technical foundation speaks for itself, with our team composed of world-class experts who have collectively accumulated hundreds of thousands of citations in academia.
The Cohere team is a collective of college dropouts, PhDs, alumni of big tech and scrappy start-ups, new grads and career pivots, who believe a diverse team is the key to a safer, more responsible technology. At Cohere, work isn’t the opposite of play, as we build the future of language AI with team members on almost every continent in the world, working from high rises, cabins, tour buses, and dog-friendly offices.
There’s no better time to herald the next step with us as we shape the future of Generative AI.
As the Senior Technical Product Marketing Manager you will:
- Work closely with our modeling, Tech, Engineering, Product, Community, and Sales teams to develop product and solution narratives that will be relevant for both technical and business decision-makers
- Build positioning, value prop, messaging and differentiation for each product working closely with the product and tech teams
- Develop customer-facing technical and product marketing materials to showcase features/capabilities or new model/or endpoint introductions that will drive the adoption of Cohere solutions
- Orchestrate product launches, working cross-functionally to amplify messages with strategic cloud providers and tech partners in the ML ecosystem
- Author and ghost-write collateral including in-depth technical blogs, sales one-pagers, sales presentations, white-papers, case studies and contributed articles - to support Cohere’s POV and educate prospective customers and influencers
- Be the internal champion and voice of the customer to make sure we are always thinking outside-in
You may be a good fit, if you have:
- 5+ years experience in a technical product marketing role for a B2B SaaS or software development company
- Technical experience to weigh tradeoffs and have in depth discussions with data scientists and engineers on the nuances of complex AI systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to simplify complex technical concepts for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Analytical and data-driven, with experience using performance metrics, market data and customer insights to inform product positioning and GTM narratives
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment
- Experience launching and co-marketing products, integrations and features to market in a fast-paced startup environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills that enable you to build champions with internal and external stakeholders across diverse teams
- A unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture, see-around-the-bend vision; and the drive, influencing skills and ability to collaborate with R&D and Leadership teams to transform that vision into a reality
If some of the above doesn’t line up perfectly with your experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you consider yourself a thoughtful worker, a lifelong learner, and a kind and playful team member, Cohere is the place for you.
We value and celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment for all. We welcome applicants of all kinds and are committed to providing an equal opportunity process. Cohere provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
🤝 An open and inclusive culture and work environment
🧑💻 Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
🍽 Free daily lunch
🦷 Full health and dental benefits, including a separate budget to take care of your mental health
🐣 100% Parental Leave top-up for 6 months for employees based in Canada, the US, and the UK
🎨 Personal enrichment benefits towards arts and culture, fitness and well-being, quality time, and workspace improvement
🏙 Remote-flexible, offices in Toronto, Palo Alto, San-Francisco and London and co-working stipend
✈️ 6 weeks of vacation
Note: This post is co-authored by both Cohere humans and Cohere technology.