Blue Ocean Technologies Inc.
At Blue Ocean Technologies Inc., we're on a mission to revolutionize blood testing with our groundbreaking technology, digital microfluidics (DMF). Our compact handheld devices deliver rapid and precise results, eliminating the lengthy wait times experienced in critical healthcare settings. By automating blood testing and streamlining healthcare workflows, we're redefining patient care and driving operational efficiency in the dynamic healthcare industry. Join us in our mission to transform point-of- care testing and make a lasting impact on patient outcomes.
Blue Ocean Technologies Inc. is seeking a passionate and detail-oriented Laboratory Technician to join our dynamic team in Toronto, Ontario. As a Laboratory Technician, you will play a vital role in managing the day-to-day operations of our innovative lab space. Preference will be given to candidates with a background in life sciences, chemistry, biochemistry, or related disciplines.
- Perform daily lab operations, including equipment maintenance, and laboratory inventories.
- Ensure strict adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), including maintaining records like Material Safety Data Sheets, training records, and chemical inventories.
- Maintain and back up electronic laboratory notes, ensuring accurate record-keeping by R&D scientists.
- Support research and development by performing/assisting with experiments.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including the assay development team, to achieve project goals.
- Actively participate in other laboratory functions as needed.
- Contribute to publications, intellectual property disclosures, and patent filings.
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership and excellent time management skills.
- Collaborative and helpful, with the ability to work effectively across functional areas.
- Organized, with a talent for maintaining accurate and orderly records.
- Strong communicator, capable of explaining complex technical concepts clearly and concisely.
- Intellectual curiosity, with a passion for researching new topics and innovative problem-solving.
Education – Bachelor's or graduate degree in in Life Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry or a related scientific discipline.
Experience – A minimum of 1 year of related experience, preferably in a laboratory setting.
- Proficiency with laboratory information management systems (e.g., electronic lab notes and inventory management).
- Experience in chemical analysis and biochemistry tests incl. absorbance, and fluorescence spectroscopy, electrochemical methods, ELISAs.
- Experience in microfluidics (Digital Microfluidics would be desired).
Schedule – Full time / onsite
At Blue Ocean Technologies Inc., we wholeheartedly embrace diversity and inclusion as core values that define our organization. We are committed to creating a culture of belonging that enhances our ability to effectively serve the needs of our global community and promotes innovation. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds. We highly value candidates who have demonstrated a strong commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion. We firmly believe that diverse perspectives, experiences, and expertise are essential to advancing our mission in the healthcare industry.
At Blue Ocean Technologies Inc., we are proud to incorporate accessibility as a fundamental principle in our recruitment process. We strive to be an equitable and inclusive community, recognizing that diversity strengthens our ability to excel in achieving our academic and organizational objectives. Blue Ocean Technologies Inc. upholds the principles outlined in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We are committed to making our recruitment, assessment, and selection procedures as accessible as possible and providing necessary accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Our aim is to ensure that every individual has an equal opportunity to contribute their unique talents to our team, fostering an environment of mutual respect and excellence.
If you require any accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact email@example.com