Senior Machine Learning Engineer
About Altis Labs
Altis Labs is the computational imaging company advancing precision medicine with AI. We believe that medical imaging is the richest data modality to generate clinical insight. Scientists use our AI-powered software platform, Nota, to accelerate clinical research by more accurately measuring the effect of novel treatments. Trained on over 222 million images with associated clinical information, our deep learning models hosted on Nota predict clinically meaningful outcomes. Legacy data interpretation methods have confined scientists to slow, risky, and expensive drug development requiring more than $2 billion and 10 years to get a new treatment to patients in need.
Our multi-disciplinary team of data scientists, engineers, clinicians, and business operators is on a mission to help get the most effective treatment to patients sooner.
Founded in 2019, Altis is a venture-backed company headquartered in Toronto. We are actively growing our team in Canada and the US across functional areas.
About the Position
Altis is recruiting a Senior ML Engineer with a passion for developing production-grade ML applications that improve patient care. At Altis you will have the opportunity to develop computer vision models for real-world clinical challenges, as well as learn from experienced professionals in our cross-functional team.
This is a full-time position with the option to work remotely or on a hybrid basis at our office in Toronto. We expect responsibilities will be dynamic and expand as we strive to meet our team’s and clients’ needs.
Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team of clinicians, software engineers, and business professionals to understand the problems we are solving and the data we work with
- Build and maintain a scalable machine learning infrastructure for model training and deployment
- Build and debug state of the art machine learning models for survival prediction
- Develop novel labeling strategies to generate training data at scale by leveraging our network of radiologists
- Present your work to team members, clients, and at conferences
- Grow and lead Altis’ ML team
- 3+ years of industry experience during which your code was used in a production environment
- 3+ years of model prototyping experience in PyTorch/TensorFlow/Theano
- Strong programing skills in languages including Python and C++
- Experience with cloud based frameworks including AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience with Git, or equivalent version control system
- Experience with test-driven development and common software test frameworks
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
Nice to have:
- Experience with Kubernetes, Kubeflow or other associated MLOps tools
- Experience in the medical domain including DICOM and other imaging modalities
- Experience building deep learning models on 3D data
- Experience using statistical tools such as R
- Competitive pay and generous equity participation
- Coverage for medical, vision, and dental insurance
- 4 weeks of vacation per year
- Flexible work organization and access to remote work