Production Engineer (m/w/x)
Alpine Quantum Technologies GmbH
At AQT we build quantum computers. Founded in Innsbruck, Austria, in 2018, we aim to bring quantum technologies out of the laboratory environment and turn them into everyday products. Our goal is a quantum computer based on trapped ions that is installed in normal IT infrastructure and can be readily operated from any PC. We provide quantum technology for research laboratories and supercomputing centers. To our industrial customers, we offer quantum solutions through partnerships with leading quantum software firms. In the past four years, we have managed to build up an amazing team with extraordinary ambition and talent, a world-class team of quantum physicists, engineers, and computer experts working together to shape the future of quantum computing. For our team in Innsbruck, we are now looking for a skilled and motivated individual to join us as a Production Engineer.
As a Production Engineer you will join the production, quality control, and service team at AQT. You will be responsible for assembling, tuning, testing, and servicing components and subsystems of our quantum computers and quantum hardware instruments. You will be involved in the entire production and supply chain, ranging from processing customer orders and specifications, to procurement, assembly and quality control, to packaging and shipping. In addition, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of internal and external projects simultaneously. This may include contributing to the development of new products to support the company's overall goals, as well as those of our customers. As a Production Engineer, you will be at the forefront of the quantum computing industry, pushing the boundaries of what is possible with cutting-edge technologies. If you are excited about the prospect of producing quantum components and systems that will help shape the future of quantum computing, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
- Assemble, tune, and deploy devices and subsystems for ion-trap based quantum computers, consisting of complex mechanical, optical, and electronic components
- Test and quality control of individual assembly steps and completed products according to internal and external specifications
- Develop and implement new production methods and processes
- Document measurement and test results, and contribute to specification sheets and user manuals
- Troubleshoot throughout the entire production chain and proactively come up with appropriate solutions
- Closely collaborate with R&D to further improve and develop existing and new products.
- Collaborate with stakeholders from operations, R&D, procurement, sales and marketing teams to ensure timely and flawless delivery of customer orders
- Professional qualification as a technician or engineer or equivalent professional experience (e.g. HTL)
- Basic understanding of electronics and electrical installations
- Pronounced hands-on mentality and quality awareness
- Precise way of working that is coupled with diligence, reliability, and patience
- Knowledge in laser optics, vacuum technology, and precision mechanics is advantageous
- You have a curious character and take great joy in solving complex problems
- You love to work in a collaborative environment with highly-skilled colleagues
- Good communication skills in spoken and written English
Good reasons to join AQT
Look forward to working on ground-breaking technologies in one of the most beautiful places in the Alps. You will become part of a passionate and international team, work in a unique environment with cutting-edge manufacturing and laboratory infrastructure, while having the opportunity to shape the future of quantum computing. We value creativity and actively search for team players with a thirst for knowledge and a passion for technology. AQT is growing, and we'd like to give you the chance to grow with us. We believe in letting our team members pursue their passions, and in helping each other thrive. Your position has the potential to grow into a long-term opportunity. Since we know there is a life outside of work, we do our best to create a family-friendly atmosphere and enable flexible working hours or part-time options.
Will be commensurate to your experience and skills (at a minimum of EUR 33 235.30 per year, according to Collective Bargaining Agreement).