Senior Full Stack Engineer, Growth
Software Engineering, Sales & Business Development
Remote · Canada
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2023
Ada was founded on land that is the traditional territory of the Mississaugas of the Credit, the Anishnabeg, the Chippewa, the Haudenosaunee, and the Wendat peoples and is home to many First Nations, Inuit, and Métis peoples. We also acknowledge that Tkaronto is covered by Treaty 13 with the Mississaugas of the Credit, and the Williams Treaties signed with multiple Mississaugas and Chippewa bands.
At Ada our mission is to make customer service extraordinary for everyone and our vision is a world where every customer interaction is resolved by AI.
Ada is an AI-powered customer service automation platform that makes it easy for businesses to automatically resolve the greatest number of customer service conversations — across channels and languages - with the least amount of effort.
Since 2016, Ada has powered more than 4 billion automated customer interactions for brands like Meta, Verizon, AirAsia, Yeti, and Square. Born in Toronto, Ada serves companies and their customers worldwide. For more information, visit www.ada.cx.
As a Senior Software Engineer on our Growth team you help to build our AI powered platform, we provide clients a no code interface to create hyper-personalized LLM powered experiences for their users.
Your goal will be to deliver a streamlined first glimpse into the power of our platform for net new users. The team is designing and refining our experience to reduce touchpoints and allow frictionless onboarding. You will be building on top of Ada’s APIs, and designing and discovering what they make possible. Features you deliver will be used by the cutting edge of Ada’s client base, and will be used to inform Ada’s core architecture and strategy long term.
- 5+ years of experience as a Front-end/Full Stack Developer.
- Track record of creating and maintaining projects from start to finish
- Passion for working with enterprise software that doesn’t feel like enterprise software
- Attention to detail, especially when talking about performance, accessibility, reliability, and documentation
- Experience working with public APIs to build reliable integrations.
- Python applications that use the Flask framework
- Design/UI/UX Experience
- Experience using APIs to build distributed cloud applications.
- Evolving our existing architecture to help us create complex experiences without increasing the complexity of the interface
- Finding new and exciting ways to improve our proactive experience for the millions of interactions we do each day
- Mentoring or technical coaching to help teammates grow in their careers and technical knowledge
- Combining technical and product expertise to drive large initiatives in Ada’s builder experience organization
- Organizing and conducting technical research during early, ambiguous stages of development to provide technical guidance and clarity across teams building Ada’s application
- Contributing long-term plans (6-9 month horizon) and rallying support towards big initiatives
- Provide expertise from past experiences to help level up our current development practices
The expected salary range for this position is $137,000 to $155,000. Actual pay will be determined based on several factors such as past experience and qualifications, geographic location, and other job-related factors permitted by law.
• Competitive salary and generous stock option plan
• Unlimited vacation
• Wellness account
• Extended health coverage
• Dental/optical/travel insurance
• Life insurance
• Employee and family assistance plan
• Flexible work schedule
• Digital first, fully remote with WFH budget
• In-house social worker
• Paid parental leave for Canadian and U.S. residents
• Development opportunities
Ada is a rapidly growing digital first company in a thriving AI ecosystem. We optimize our communication, collaboration, and work ethic for the digital world instead of in-person. We are building the workplace of the future to build the customer experience of the future. With flexible working hours, together we'll determine a schedule that fits your style and the requirements of your role.
We are backed by world-class investors, including Spark, Accel, FirstMark, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Version One. We provide our employees with competitive compensation, great health benefits, and ownership in our company.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we cannot progress. At Ada, we don’t stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.
Our values are our fundamental driving forces for decision-making. They are the heart of what we stand for and are critical to our next phase of growth. You can learn more about our values and Ada’s founding story on our Careers page.
Everyone has their own unique talents. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role in your application.